Chris Brown Enters Rehab for Anger Management After Assault Arrest
Chris Brown has checked into rehab for anger management issues two days after he was arrested for assault in Washington. "Chris Brown has elected to enter a rehab facility," his representative Nicole Perna said on Tuesday, October 30.
The rep added, "His goal is to gain focus and insight into his past and recent behavior, enabling him to continue the pursuit of his life and his career from a healthier vantage point." According to TMZ, Brown's attorney Mark Geragos dropped the R&B star off at a facility in Malibu.
The rehab move comes after Brown was arrested for allegedly punching a guy in the nose during a fight at the wee hours on Sunday near the W Hotel in Washington, D.C. He's charged with misdemeanor simple assault, reduced from an initial felony arrest, and is due back in court November 25.
The "Fine China" singer is still on probation stemming from a 2009 battery case involving his then-girlfriend Rihanna. It's reported that the Probation Department will likely determine that the 24-year-old violated his probation, which is supposed to end on August 25, 2014. He could be sentenced to as much as 4 years in prison if found guilty.
More Chris Brown News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off