Chris Brown Enters Rehab for Anger Management After Assault Arrest
Chris Brown has checked into rehab for anger management issues two days after he was arrested for assault in Washington. "Chris Brown has elected to enter a rehab facility," his representative Nicole Perna said on Tuesday, October 30.
The rep added, "His goal is to gain focus and insight into his past and recent behavior, enabling him to continue the pursuit of his life and his career from a healthier vantage point." According to TMZ, Brown's attorney Mark Geragos dropped the R&B star off at a facility in Malibu.
The rehab move comes after Brown was arrested for allegedly punching a guy in the nose during a fight at the wee hours on Sunday near the W Hotel in Washington, D.C. He's charged with misdemeanor simple assault, reduced from an initial felony arrest, and is due back in court November 25.
The "Fine China" singer is still on probation stemming from a 2009 battery case involving his then-girlfriend Rihanna. It's reported that the Probation Department will likely determine that the 24-year-old violated his probation, which is supposed to end on August 25, 2014. He could be sentenced to as much as 4 years in prison if found guilty.
More Chris Brown News
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.