Jonas Brothers Confirm Disbandment
After fanning rumor flames of a band break-up with the cancellation of their fall tour and deactivation of their group's Twitter account, the Jonas Brothers have finally disbanded over "creative differences." Siblings Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas and Nick Jonas said the decision, officially announced on Tuesday, October 29, was mutual and that there were no hard feelings between the popular trio.
Even when they broke the sad news to PEOPLE, there was some glimmer of hope that it might well be just a momentary hiatus once they could agree on the direction of the group in terms of their music. "It's really hard to say 'forever.' We're closing a chapter, for sure," said Nick, who revealed he "was feeling kind of trapped," while Kevin simply declared, "It's over for now."
The decision to disband for now might have come as a well-thought move for the tension not to get into their personal relationship as a family. A source reassures fans that despite the "deep rift within the band," "there are no personal issues. They just all wanted different things. They love each other. They always will." The source says, "They have different career aspirations now. They are not the same people they used to be."
Apparently, Kevin who is going to be a first-time father soon "wants to focus on being a dad," while Joe has his "own set of goals" and "wants to do acting and art and his own music." For his part, youngest member Nick who appeared in the Broadway staging of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" last year "wants to focus on music and Broadway."
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery