Jonas Brothers Confirm Disbandment
After fanning rumor flames of a band break-up with the cancellation of their fall tour and deactivation of their group's Twitter account, the Jonas Brothers have finally disbanded over "creative differences." Siblings Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas and Nick Jonas said the decision, officially announced on Tuesday, October 29, was mutual and that there were no hard feelings between the popular trio.
Even when they broke the sad news to PEOPLE, there was some glimmer of hope that it might well be just a momentary hiatus once they could agree on the direction of the group in terms of their music. "It's really hard to say 'forever.' We're closing a chapter, for sure," said Nick, who revealed he "was feeling kind of trapped," while Kevin simply declared, "It's over for now."
The decision to disband for now might have come as a well-thought move for the tension not to get into their personal relationship as a family. A source reassures fans that despite the "deep rift within the band," "there are no personal issues. They just all wanted different things. They love each other. They always will." The source says, "They have different career aspirations now. They are not the same people they used to be."
Apparently, Kevin who is going to be a first-time father soon "wants to focus on being a dad," while Joe has his "own set of goals" and "wants to do acting and art and his own music." For his part, youngest member Nick who appeared in the Broadway staging of "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" last year "wants to focus on music and Broadway."
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes