Michael Morris Leaves TV Project Amidst Kissing Scandal With Katharine McPhee
"Smash" director Michael Morris is no longer attached to helm TV pilot "Songbyrd", Deadline reports. His departure from the project came hot on heels of his cheating scandal with Katharine McPhee, who previously starred on NBC's canceled musical series.
Morris would have reunited with "Smash" executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron in "Songbyrd". One of E!'s first two scripted pilots, it will center on songwriter Lauren Byrd, a character loosely inspired by hitmaker Diane Warren. Bethany Joy Lenz will play the lead role.
Morris' marriage is also reportedly on the rocks after he was caught on camera locking lips with the former "American Idol" contestant. According to Page Six, his wife, actress Mary McCormack, has kicked him out of their house in Los Angeles.
Rumor has it, Morris knew there were pictures of his lip-lock with McPhee and tried to buy them himself to avoid a scandal. But his bid to purchase the photos was unsuccessful, leaving him with no option but to tell his actress wife of ten years.
Morris tied the knot with McCormack in July 2003. They have three daughters together, Margaret (born 2004), Rose (born 2007), and Lillian (born 2011). Life & Style reported the 44-year-old actress wanted divorce.
McPhee, meanwhile, is also still married, but she reportedly has separated with her husband Nick Cokas for six months. They married in February 2008 and have no children together.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger