Michael Morris Leaves TV Project Amidst Kissing Scandal With Katharine McPhee
"Smash" director Michael Morris is no longer attached to helm TV pilot "Songbyrd", Deadline reports. His departure from the project came hot on heels of his cheating scandal with Katharine McPhee, who previously starred on NBC's canceled musical series.
Morris would have reunited with "Smash" executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron in "Songbyrd". One of E!'s first two scripted pilots, it will center on songwriter Lauren Byrd, a character loosely inspired by hitmaker Diane Warren. Bethany Joy Lenz will play the lead role.
Morris' marriage is also reportedly on the rocks after he was caught on camera locking lips with the former "American Idol" contestant. According to Page Six, his wife, actress Mary McCormack, has kicked him out of their house in Los Angeles.
Rumor has it, Morris knew there were pictures of his lip-lock with McPhee and tried to buy them himself to avoid a scandal. But his bid to purchase the photos was unsuccessful, leaving him with no option but to tell his actress wife of ten years.
Morris tied the knot with McCormack in July 2003. They have three daughters together, Margaret (born 2004), Rose (born 2007), and Lillian (born 2011). Life & Style reported the 44-year-old actress wanted divorce.
McPhee, meanwhile, is also still married, but she reportedly has separated with her husband Nick Cokas for six months. They married in February 2008 and have no children together.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Amazon Is Adapting Neil Gaiman's 'Good Omens' Into a Limited Series
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3