Nicky Romero and Krewella Debut Inspirational Music Video for 'Legacy'
Nicky Romero and Krewella have dropped the visuals for their collaboration, "Legacy". The clip follows a boy who figures out how uncomfortable his mother is with her cancer diagnosis. She has to shave her head due to the illness, therefore she feels ashamed to go to her workplace without a wig.
The boy later comes up with an idea to help her mother feel better. He is joined by his friends to find his mother's co-workers and forcefully shave their heads. When the mother arrives at her office and sees her hairless friends, she becomes more confident with her condition.
The music video was directed by Kyle Padilla, who has worked with Romero for the DJ's "Like Home" music video. The director has revealed what message he wants to share by highlighting cancer in the clip.
"I was inspired to come up with the concept a couple of years ago when a relative of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer," Padilla told MTV. "It was on my mind a lot, and I had been waiting for the right track/client to pitch it to. My goal is for this video to raise awareness for breast cancer in an honest and respectful manner."
Not only did the music video arrive for fans' viewing pleasure, but it also benefits children who are battling cancer. Padilla said that three actors who shaved their head for the video have donated their hair to an organization that produces wigs for children who undergo chemotherapy.
"Their mission is to return a sense of self, confidence, and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss, which was in line with what the protagonist in this video is trying to do for his mother. We were honored to be able to help this organization's cause," the director added.
Nicky Romero's "Legacy" (ft. Krewella) music video
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up