Ben and Jerry Launches 'Anchorman'-Inspired Ice Cream Flavor
"Anchorman" gets its own ice cream flavor. In another cross-promotional effort, Paramount and Ben & Jerry team up to launch a new ice cream flavor inspired by the film, which will be getting its sequel released in late this year.
The limited run flavor is called "Scotchy Scotch Scotch", but there's no actual Scotch in the ice cream. According to a press release, "the flavor is a creamy concoction of butterscotch ice cream with ribbons of butterscotch swirl."
"Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch is a delicious ice cream and I hope Ben and Jerry consider my other suggestions," says Ron Burgundy, who is portrayed by Will Ferrell in the films. "Malt liquor marshmallow, well liquor bourbon peanut butter, and cheap white wine sherbet."
LeeAnne Stables, President of Consumer Products at Paramount Pictures, states, "Having Ben & Jerry's celebrate the return of Ron Burgundy to the big screen with the introduction of this special ice cream is an exciting and delicious way to build anticipation for the film."
The flavor was officially unveiled Tuesday, October 22 at New York City's Pier 36 with an event kicked off with a performance by Nutty The Waterskiing Squirrel, a character in the first "Anchorman" movie". A Ben & Jerry's scoop truck transformed into a Channel 4 News truck carrying a legion of Ron Burgundy lookalikes.
The second installment in the comedy film franchise, "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", is set to bow in U.S. theaters on December 20. Ferrell reprises his role as newsman Ron Burgundy, with Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and David Koechner also returning to the movie.
Earlier this month, Ferrell as his character appeared in Dodge Durango ads to promote Chrysler's newest car.
UPDATE: A new full trailer has just been released for "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". Longer than the previously-released one, it shares more hilarious scenes from the upcoming comedy movie, including a faux funeral for Brick Tamland and a car crash involving Ron Burgundy and his pals.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4