Robert Downey Jr. Ranked as Hollywood's Most Valuable Movie Star
For the second consecutive year, actor Robert Downey Jr. is named Hollywood's most valuable movie star by New York Magazine's Vulture. The site compiled the list based on combined domestic and overseas box office totals, studio value, likeability, Oscars, critics' scores, Twitter mentions and tabloid value. Earlier this year, the "Iron Man" star also topped another list, that of Forbes' highest paid actors.
"It will take a superhuman effort for anyone to top him," Vulture declared on its site as they unveiled the power list on Tuesday morning, October 22. Indeed, RDJ would be tough to overtake considering his "appeal is off the charts" after having portrayed the character of Tony Stark in the "Iron Man" film franchise and Marvel's "The Avengers".
Trailing Downey Jr. in the runner-up position is "The Great Gatsby" actor Leonardo DiCaprio, while the third spot goes to a female, "Silver Linings Playbook" and "The Hunger Games" actress Jennifer Lawrence. Ending up at No. 4 and No.5 respectively are bankable Hollywood celebs Sandra Bullock and Brad Pitt, buoyed by the success of their recent starrers.
The next five places are dominated by male stars, with Will Smith, Christian Bale, Denzel Washington, Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp rounding up the top ten. Other Hollywood A-listers such as Angelina Jolie, Tom Cruise and George Clooney also appear in the top 20 at No. 12, 14, and 18, respectively.
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding