Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Not Making $4 Million Each for Hosting Golden Globes
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler won't make as much as $4 million each for hosting the upcoming Golden Globe Awards. Story broke out earlier that both comedienne would earn such big amount of money from their second stint at the annual event, but their representatives have denied the claim.
The reps for the "30 Rock" star/creator and the "Parks and Recreation" actress tell Vanity Fair that "the dollar figure that Radar has printed is grossly exaggerated." Industry sources also say that awards-show hosts usually earn six-figure paycheck at the most.
Radar previously reported that Fey and Poehler would "take home as much multi-million dollar packages" after hosting the event. A source said, "Tina and Amy decided to ask for the craziest package ever given to awards hosts," adding that "they are each being paid more than any Oscar host in history with the exception of Billy Crystal."
They're getting "huge perks package that includes use of the NBC/Comcast private planes as they prep for the awards and full freight on their entourages, who will all be backstage to support [them] during the live broadcasts," the source continued, claiming, "They basically saw how desperate NBC was for their help and decided to take them for a ride."
Fey and Poehler, who are both former "Saturday Night Live" cast members, will return to host Golden Globe Awards for the next two years after tackling the gig in early this year. The 71st installment of the annual awards event will air live Sunday, January 12 on NBC from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen