Jennifer Lopez Was Told to Make 'Changes' to Her Body in Early Career
Jennifer Lopez reveals in new interview that some people were not fans of her curves during the start of her career. The "On the Floor" singer talks about body image as she appears in Cosmopolitan for Latinas' winter issue, saying that she was told to alter her appearance back then.
"When I first started on television [as a Fly Girl on 'In Living Color'], people, and even my own manager at the time, would tell me I had to make all of these changes. But you have to stand up and say, 'There's nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am, you're the one with the problem!' " she tells the magazine.
"And when you can really believe that, all of a sudden other people start believing too," she adds. Jennifer explains that her family provided endless support. "Early on, my family really made me love who I was and what I looked like. My body was nothing out of the ordinary in my neighborhood," she says.
She continues saying, "I love the family that I grew up in, the strength and passion and the heart that we bring to things and then the way I was raised-the intense love we demonstrate." The magazine will hit stands on October 29.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift