Jennifer Lopez Was Told to Make 'Changes' to Her Body in Early Career
Jennifer Lopez reveals in new interview that some people were not fans of her curves during the start of her career. The "On the Floor" singer talks about body image as she appears in Cosmopolitan for Latinas' winter issue, saying that she was told to alter her appearance back then.
"When I first started on television [as a Fly Girl on 'In Living Color'], people, and even my own manager at the time, would tell me I had to make all of these changes. But you have to stand up and say, 'There's nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am, you're the one with the problem!' " she tells the magazine.
"And when you can really believe that, all of a sudden other people start believing too," she adds. Jennifer explains that her family provided endless support. "Early on, my family really made me love who I was and what I looked like. My body was nothing out of the ordinary in my neighborhood," she says.
She continues saying, "I love the family that I grew up in, the strength and passion and the heart that we bring to things and then the way I was raised-the intense love we demonstrate." The magazine will hit stands on October 29.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special