Lady GaGa Switches Second Single From 'Venus' to 'Do What U Want'
Lady GaGa has changed her plan to release "Venus" as the second single off upcoming "ARTPOP" album. The 27-year-old singer has announced that newly-released collaboration with R. Kelly, "Do What U Want", will serve as the follow-up to lead single "Applause".
GaGa decided to make the switch after learning that the supposed promo single immediately topped many charts, including iTunes chart in 25 countries. "We are overwhelmed by the worldwide response + excitement for DO WHAT U WANT feat. R KELLY & are happy to announce it as 2nd Single!" the Mother Monster Tweeted on Tuesday, October 22.
"Venus" will still be released later this month, this time as promotional track. GaGa continued, "Don't worry monsters! We are still scheduled to release #Venus this Monday with a snippet on Friday! AND it will STILL have its own video!"
The song is set to arrive on Monday, October 28. Meanwhile, GaGa's "ARTPOP" album is scheduled to hit the stores on November 11. The New York singer has also recently teased the new record with a snippet of the album's title track.
More Lady GaGa News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding