Lady GaGa Switches Second Single From 'Venus' to 'Do What U Want'
Lady GaGa has changed her plan to release "Venus" as the second single off upcoming "ARTPOP" album. The 27-year-old singer has announced that newly-released collaboration with R. Kelly, "Do What U Want", will serve as the follow-up to lead single "Applause".
GaGa decided to make the switch after learning that the supposed promo single immediately topped many charts, including iTunes chart in 25 countries. "We are overwhelmed by the worldwide response + excitement for DO WHAT U WANT feat. R KELLY & are happy to announce it as 2nd Single!" the Mother Monster Tweeted on Tuesday, October 22.
"Venus" will still be released later this month, this time as promotional track. GaGa continued, "Don't worry monsters! We are still scheduled to release #Venus this Monday with a snippet on Friday! AND it will STILL have its own video!"
The song is set to arrive on Monday, October 28. Meanwhile, GaGa's "ARTPOP" album is scheduled to hit the stores on November 11. The New York singer has also recently teased the new record with a snippet of the album's title track.
More Lady GaGa News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels