Lady GaGa Switches Second Single From 'Venus' to 'Do What U Want'
Lady GaGa has changed her plan to release "Venus" as the second single off upcoming "ARTPOP" album. The 27-year-old singer has announced that newly-released collaboration with R. Kelly, "Do What U Want", will serve as the follow-up to lead single "Applause".
GaGa decided to make the switch after learning that the supposed promo single immediately topped many charts, including iTunes chart in 25 countries. "We are overwhelmed by the worldwide response + excitement for DO WHAT U WANT feat. R KELLY & are happy to announce it as 2nd Single!" the Mother Monster Tweeted on Tuesday, October 22.
"Venus" will still be released later this month, this time as promotional track. GaGa continued, "Don't worry monsters! We are still scheduled to release #Venus this Monday with a snippet on Friday! AND it will STILL have its own video!"
The song is set to arrive on Monday, October 28. Meanwhile, GaGa's "ARTPOP" album is scheduled to hit the stores on November 11. The New York singer has also recently teased the new record with a snippet of the album's title track.
More Lady GaGa News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival