Lady GaGa Switches Second Single From 'Venus' to 'Do What U Want'
Lady GaGa has changed her plan to release "Venus" as the second single off upcoming "ARTPOP" album. The 27-year-old singer has announced that newly-released collaboration with R. Kelly, "Do What U Want", will serve as the follow-up to lead single "Applause".
GaGa decided to make the switch after learning that the supposed promo single immediately topped many charts, including iTunes chart in 25 countries. "We are overwhelmed by the worldwide response + excitement for DO WHAT U WANT feat. R KELLY & are happy to announce it as 2nd Single!" the Mother Monster Tweeted on Tuesday, October 22.
"Venus" will still be released later this month, this time as promotional track. GaGa continued, "Don't worry monsters! We are still scheduled to release #Venus this Monday with a snippet on Friday! AND it will STILL have its own video!"
The song is set to arrive on Monday, October 28. Meanwhile, GaGa's "ARTPOP" album is scheduled to hit the stores on November 11. The New York singer has also recently teased the new record with a snippet of the album's title track.
More Lady GaGa News
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer