Lady GaGa Switches Second Single From 'Venus' to 'Do What U Want'
Lady GaGa has changed her plan to release "Venus" as the second single off upcoming "ARTPOP" album. The 27-year-old singer has announced that newly-released collaboration with R. Kelly, "Do What U Want", will serve as the follow-up to lead single "Applause".
GaGa decided to make the switch after learning that the supposed promo single immediately topped many charts, including iTunes chart in 25 countries. "We are overwhelmed by the worldwide response + excitement for DO WHAT U WANT feat. R KELLY & are happy to announce it as 2nd Single!" the Mother Monster Tweeted on Tuesday, October 22.
"Venus" will still be released later this month, this time as promotional track. GaGa continued, "Don't worry monsters! We are still scheduled to release #Venus this Monday with a snippet on Friday! AND it will STILL have its own video!"
The song is set to arrive on Monday, October 28. Meanwhile, GaGa's "ARTPOP" album is scheduled to hit the stores on November 11. The New York singer has also recently teased the new record with a snippet of the album's title track.
More Lady GaGa News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says