Solange Enlists Jhene Aiko and More for Compilation Album 'Saint Heron'
After launching her independent label Saint Records, Solange Knowles announces that the first release from her imprint is on the way. She is currently working on a compilation album which is titled "Saint Heron".
The album will feature appearances from artists who have personally been handpicked by Solange. The 27-year-old R&B singer has enlisted Jhene Aiko, Cassie, Sampha, Jade J, Starchild and BC Kingdom among others for the 12-track record that is set to arrive on November 12.
"With Saint Heron I really wanted to celebrate and continue to cultivate the community for genre defying R&B artists," Solange said of the upcoming release in a statement. "I've personally connected with all of these extremely talented artists, and really excited for us to come together through the compilation as a new movement for music."
In addition to announcing the compilation, Solange has launched a Saint Heron website. "I'm also looking forward to SaintHeron.com being a home for music and cultural enthusiasts like myself who want to see content that really reflects the community we are a part of," the younger sister of Beyonce Knowles continued.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna