Solange Enlists Jhene Aiko and More for Compilation Album 'Saint Heron'
After launching her independent label Saint Records, Solange Knowles announces that the first release from her imprint is on the way. She is currently working on a compilation album which is titled "Saint Heron".
The album will feature appearances from artists who have personally been handpicked by Solange. The 27-year-old R&B singer has enlisted Jhene Aiko, Cassie, Sampha, Jade J, Starchild and BC Kingdom among others for the 12-track record that is set to arrive on November 12.
"With Saint Heron I really wanted to celebrate and continue to cultivate the community for genre defying R&B artists," Solange said of the upcoming release in a statement. "I've personally connected with all of these extremely talented artists, and really excited for us to come together through the compilation as a new movement for music."
In addition to announcing the compilation, Solange has launched a Saint Heron website. "I'm also looking forward to SaintHeron.com being a home for music and cultural enthusiasts like myself who want to see content that really reflects the community we are a part of," the younger sister of Beyonce Knowles continued.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture