Showtime Renews 'Homeland' and 'Masters of Sex' for New Seasons
Showtime has given its two shows a vote of confidence by ordering new seasons of "Homeland" and "Masters of Sex". The action thriller will return for a fourth installment, while the period drama will return for a second season, each consisting of 12 new episodes.
" 'Homeland' continues to prove its strength for Showtime and is one of television's most exciting, provocative and widely discussed shows. It has grown its audience significantly in each of its three seasons," Showtime entertainment president David Nevins says of the winner of Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2012.
He continues, "The critical and audience reaction to 'Masters of Sex' since its great launch has been incredibly gratifying. It's a privilege to get to work with such talented and creative people as Alex Gansa and Michelle Ashford, as well as their tremendous casts. They have each created truly original shows, with distinctive voices that are among the most admired series on television."
Season to date, "Homeland" has averaged 6.5 million weekly viewers, up 26% from its sophomore season average. It's now Showtime's most-popular series after "Dexter" concluded last summer. "Masters of Sex", meanwhile, averages 5.4 million viewers across the week.
More Homeland News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs