Showtime Renews 'Homeland' and 'Masters of Sex' for New Seasons
Showtime has given its two shows a vote of confidence by ordering new seasons of "Homeland" and "Masters of Sex". The action thriller will return for a fourth installment, while the period drama will return for a second season, each consisting of 12 new episodes.
" 'Homeland' continues to prove its strength for Showtime and is one of television's most exciting, provocative and widely discussed shows. It has grown its audience significantly in each of its three seasons," Showtime entertainment president David Nevins says of the winner of Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series in 2012.
He continues, "The critical and audience reaction to 'Masters of Sex' since its great launch has been incredibly gratifying. It's a privilege to get to work with such talented and creative people as Alex Gansa and Michelle Ashford, as well as their tremendous casts. They have each created truly original shows, with distinctive voices that are among the most admired series on television."
Season to date, "Homeland" has averaged 6.5 million weekly viewers, up 26% from its sophomore season average. It's now Showtime's most-popular series after "Dexter" concluded last summer. "Masters of Sex", meanwhile, averages 5.4 million viewers across the week.
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway