Artist of The Week: Tyler Farr
Tyler Farr's debut studio album, "Redneck Crazy", is a big success. Entering Country Albums Chart at No. 2 and Billboard 200 at No. 5 with 29,000 copies sold, the set marks the biggest debut for a new male country artist in 2013.
The album's title track is also a big hit. The song, which follows a brokenhearted man who stalks his ex-girlfriend following a nasty breakup, has become the singer's first No. 1 single on Country Music Radio chart.
Farr expressed his gratitude by posting a note on Twitter earlier this month. "Thank you country music fans and country radio for making a dream of mine come true. I am extremely humbled and feel very blessed by the support y'all have shown," the note read.
The 29-year-old crooner added, "Couldn't have done it without y'all. Thank y'all for supportin #redneckcrazy and for helpin' me get my first #1 song!"
Despite scoring his first chart-topping single with "Redneck Crazy", Farr was initially not sure that the song was written for him. "The first time I saw the title I was like, 'Okay here we go. It's another redneck song. I've heard it a million times,' " Farr explained. "The lady that pitched me the song said, 'No. You need to listen to this. It's different.' "
After listening to the song, Farr admitted that there actually was something different about it. "It was haunting and edgy. I never heard a song put that way," he said. "I know people have felt this way, they just never said it."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance