'Skyfall' Star Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Biopic
Ben Whishaw is the frontrunner to play Queen's rocker Freddie Mercury in upcoming biopic, so Roger Taylor spills in a radio interview with Chris Evans and Alex Jones. He initially only gave the initial "BW" when the topic came up. Jones pressed further, asking if it was the "Skyfall" actor, to which the drummer confirmed, "Well, we hope so."
The late singer was originally set to be played by Sacha Baron Cohen, but he dropped out of the movie due to creative differences. "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe and "Captain America: The First Avenger" thesp Dominic Cooper were previously linked to replace the "Borat" actor, but the "Kill Your Darlings" star was quick to deny his involvement in the project.
Cohen was said planning to offer a gritty R-rated look at the life of the iconic rocker in the upcoming movie, but the band's remaining members who serve as producers allegedly wanted it to be a PG one. Taylor later explained their issues with the funnyman, "We felt Sacha probably wasn't right in the end. We didn't want it to be a joke. We want people to be moved."
Whishaw, 33, is best known for his role as computer genius Q in the latest James Bond film, "Skyfall". He was last seen in "Cloud Atlas" and will next appear in "Lilting", "The Zero Theorem" and "Days and Nights" among others.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?