'Skyfall' Star Ben Whishaw to Play Freddie Mercury in Biopic
Ben Whishaw is the frontrunner to play Queen's rocker Freddie Mercury in upcoming biopic, so Roger Taylor spills in a radio interview with Chris Evans and Alex Jones. He initially only gave the initial "BW" when the topic came up. Jones pressed further, asking if it was the "Skyfall" actor, to which the drummer confirmed, "Well, we hope so."
The late singer was originally set to be played by Sacha Baron Cohen, but he dropped out of the movie due to creative differences. "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe and "Captain America: The First Avenger" thesp Dominic Cooper were previously linked to replace the "Borat" actor, but the "Kill Your Darlings" star was quick to deny his involvement in the project.
Cohen was said planning to offer a gritty R-rated look at the life of the iconic rocker in the upcoming movie, but the band's remaining members who serve as producers allegedly wanted it to be a PG one. Taylor later explained their issues with the funnyman, "We felt Sacha probably wasn't right in the end. We didn't want it to be a joke. We want people to be moved."
Whishaw, 33, is best known for his role as computer genius Q in the latest James Bond film, "Skyfall". He was last seen in "Cloud Atlas" and will next appear in "Lilting", "The Zero Theorem" and "Days and Nights" among others.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle