Scott Eastwood Eying 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Another hunky star is added to the growing list of contenders for "Fifty Shades of Grey" after Charlie Hunnam abruptly left. Clint Eastwood's son, Scott Eastwood, is reportedly in talks to play the lead role in the forthcoming adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel of the same title.
The actor/model sparked the casting report on Twitter, writing, "What is all this talk about 50 shades of grey?? What do you all think?? Let me know. #hype #eastwoodlivin." And then a source close to the 27-year-old thesp fueled the rumor to Just Jared as saying, "He is one of five actors being considered."
The other candidates for the coveted role of bondage-loving Christian Grey include Francois Arnaud, Billy Magnussen, Luke Bracey, Jamie Dornan, Theo James, and Christian Cooke. The chosen one will play opposite Dakota Johnson, who is tapped as Anastasia Steele.
So far, none of fans' favorites like Ian Somerhalder and Matthew Bomer are on the list. "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc.," producer Dana Brunetti once said when Hunnam's and Johnson's casting was met with backlash.
"So if your favorite wasn't cast, then it is most likely due to something on that list. Keep that in mind while hating and keep perspective."
Eastwood is currently filming David Ayer's World War II action drama "Fury (2014)" with the likes of Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf and Logan Lerman. He once appeared in his father's 2008 "Gran Torino" and 2009 "Invictus".
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour