Scott Eastwood Eying 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Another hunky star is added to the growing list of contenders for "Fifty Shades of Grey" after Charlie Hunnam abruptly left. Clint Eastwood's son, Scott Eastwood, is reportedly in talks to play the lead role in the forthcoming adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel of the same title.
The actor/model sparked the casting report on Twitter, writing, "What is all this talk about 50 shades of grey?? What do you all think?? Let me know. #hype #eastwoodlivin." And then a source close to the 27-year-old thesp fueled the rumor to Just Jared as saying, "He is one of five actors being considered."
The other candidates for the coveted role of bondage-loving Christian Grey include Francois Arnaud, Billy Magnussen, Luke Bracey, Jamie Dornan, Theo James, and Christian Cooke. The chosen one will play opposite Dakota Johnson, who is tapped as Anastasia Steele.
So far, none of fans' favorites like Ian Somerhalder and Matthew Bomer are on the list. "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc.," producer Dana Brunetti once said when Hunnam's and Johnson's casting was met with backlash.
"So if your favorite wasn't cast, then it is most likely due to something on that list. Keep that in mind while hating and keep perspective."
Eastwood is currently filming David Ayer's World War II action drama "Fury (2014)" with the likes of Brad Pitt, Shia LaBeouf and Logan Lerman. He once appeared in his father's 2008 "Gran Torino" and 2009 "Invictus".
More Fifty Shades of Grey News
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes
- Cristiano Ronaldo's Mother Laughs Off Georgina Rodriguez Pregnancy Rumor: 'It's Nonsense'
- Lamar Odom Is Refused Entry at Los Angeles Strip Club
- Kim Kardashian Is Begging Khloe to Be Her Surrogate for Baby No. 3