Stephen Baldwin Pays $100,000 in Back Taxes
Actor Stephen Baldwin has paid a part of his overdue taxes. Baldwin appeared in front of a judge at Rockland County Court on Friday, October 18 and paid $100,000 on the total amount of $343,068 which he owes the State in back personal income taxes, penalty and interest.
Outside the court, Stephen told reporters that he was confident he would be able to pay the remaining $243,068 by March. Stephen and his lawyer Russell Yankwitt also said that prosecutors' decision to allow quarterly payment made the process easier. "This was never about not wanting to do the right thing, never about not wanting or willing to pay what I owe," the contestant on "The Celebrity Apprentice" added, as quoted by The Journal News.
The youngest of the four acting Baldwin brothers was arrested in December for failing to file Personal Income Tax Returns for 2008, 2009, and 2010. His total tax liability due to New York State was $400,000 which included the tax, penalty and interest. He pleaded guilty for tax evasion charge in March and was ordered to pay his debt to the State in one year. At the March court meeting, Supreme Court Justice Charles Apotheker noted that the actor had already paid $100,000 of the total amount.
Outside the court, Baldwin told reporters that he did not intend to avoid paying tax. "Unfortunately, I got some really bad suggestions and advice from lawyers and accountants," he said back then. He is scheduled to appear in court in January.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers