Katy Perry Releases Emotional Lyric Video for 'Unconditionally'
Katy Perry has dropped the official lyric video for her newest single, "Unconditionally". "Wanna learn the lyrics to my second single #UNCONDITIONALLY? This one is about all kinds of love," Perry tweeted on Friday, October 18 with the link to the video.
The black-and-white clip sees a woman getting emotional as she sings the power ballad for her on-screen partner. The lyric comes out of her mouth as the song plays as the background.
"Unconditional, unconditionally/ I will love you unconditionally/ There is no fear now/ Let go and just be free/ I will love you unconditionally," Perry croons.
"Unconditionally" is the second single off "Prism", Perry's latest studio effort which is set to arrive on October 22. Perry has recently said that the track is inspired by boyfriend John Mayer and her trip to Africa.
In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Perry explained, "I went to Madagascar and did a UNICEF trip that changed my life and gave me this song. It's just a simple message about loving someone and accepting them and kind of driving at you don't have to be so self-conscious."
"You don't have to fear, because essentially, everybody has their stuff. Nobody comes stuff-free. Everybody has their things and you're never going to be perfect, and accepting that and understanding that, especially in a relationship, it makes room for a real, genuine kind of love," she added.
Perry is set to perform the follow-up to chart-topping single "Roar" at upcoming 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards, which will be held in Amsterdam in November.
Katy Perry's "Unconditionally" lyric video
More Katy Perry News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story