Katy Perry Releases Emotional Lyric Video for 'Unconditionally'
Katy Perry has dropped the official lyric video for her newest single, "Unconditionally". "Wanna learn the lyrics to my second single #UNCONDITIONALLY? This one is about all kinds of love," Perry tweeted on Friday, October 18 with the link to the video.
The black-and-white clip sees a woman getting emotional as she sings the power ballad for her on-screen partner. The lyric comes out of her mouth as the song plays as the background.
"Unconditional, unconditionally/ I will love you unconditionally/ There is no fear now/ Let go and just be free/ I will love you unconditionally," Perry croons.
"Unconditionally" is the second single off "Prism", Perry's latest studio effort which is set to arrive on October 22. Perry has recently said that the track is inspired by boyfriend John Mayer and her trip to Africa.
In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Perry explained, "I went to Madagascar and did a UNICEF trip that changed my life and gave me this song. It's just a simple message about loving someone and accepting them and kind of driving at you don't have to be so self-conscious."
"You don't have to fear, because essentially, everybody has their stuff. Nobody comes stuff-free. Everybody has their things and you're never going to be perfect, and accepting that and understanding that, especially in a relationship, it makes room for a real, genuine kind of love," she added.
Perry is set to perform the follow-up to chart-topping single "Roar" at upcoming 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards, which will be held in Amsterdam in November.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'