Katy Perry Releases Emotional Lyric Video for 'Unconditionally'
Katy Perry has dropped the official lyric video for her newest single, "Unconditionally". "Wanna learn the lyrics to my second single #UNCONDITIONALLY? This one is about all kinds of love," Perry tweeted on Friday, October 18 with the link to the video.
The black-and-white clip sees a woman getting emotional as she sings the power ballad for her on-screen partner. The lyric comes out of her mouth as the song plays as the background.
"Unconditional, unconditionally/ I will love you unconditionally/ There is no fear now/ Let go and just be free/ I will love you unconditionally," Perry croons.
"Unconditionally" is the second single off "Prism", Perry's latest studio effort which is set to arrive on October 22. Perry has recently said that the track is inspired by boyfriend John Mayer and her trip to Africa.
In a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Perry explained, "I went to Madagascar and did a UNICEF trip that changed my life and gave me this song. It's just a simple message about loving someone and accepting them and kind of driving at you don't have to be so self-conscious."
"You don't have to fear, because essentially, everybody has their stuff. Nobody comes stuff-free. Everybody has their things and you're never going to be perfect, and accepting that and understanding that, especially in a relationship, it makes room for a real, genuine kind of love," she added.
Perry is set to perform the follow-up to chart-topping single "Roar" at upcoming 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards, which will be held in Amsterdam in November.
More Katy Perry News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences