CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of 'The Crazy Ones', 'The Millers' and 'Mom'
CBS has just ordered more episodes of its three new comedies, "The Crazy Ones", "The Millers" and "Mom". The network gives back-nine episode orders to the trio of freshmen, bringing them to a complete 22-episode season each.
"We're proud of CBS' leadership position in comedy and excited to build on it with the back nine pickups of these three new comedies," says CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler. "These series are creatively distinct, continue to improve each week and are led by strong showrunners, writing and production staffs, and feature amazingly talented casts."
Debuted against FOX's "The Michael J. Fox Show", "The Crazy Ones" which marks Robin Williams' return to series television came out on top with a 4.0 rating among adults 18-49, making it the highest-rated new comedy of the fall TV season and the most watched series premiere (15.6 million total viewers) among broadcast networks. Season to date, it's averaging 13.7 million viewers and a 3.6 rating in the coveted demo.
"The Millers" starring Will Arnett averaging 12.4 million viewers and a 3.2 rating in adults 18-49 demo so far, while "Mom" from executive producer Chuck Lorre is delivering an average of 7.98 million viewers and a 2.6 rating among adults 18-49.
Over at another network, FOX has also just picked up new comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" to full season. The network also gives a post-Super Bowl spot to the Andy Samberg-starring series despite its consideraby low rating (a 2.1 in adults 18-49 with 4.9 million viewers).
CBS has recently canceled struggling comedy "We Are Men" after just two episodes.
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise