CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of 'The Crazy Ones', 'The Millers' and 'Mom'
CBS has just ordered more episodes of its three new comedies, "The Crazy Ones", "The Millers" and "Mom". The network gives back-nine episode orders to the trio of freshmen, bringing them to a complete 22-episode season each.
"We're proud of CBS' leadership position in comedy and excited to build on it with the back nine pickups of these three new comedies," says CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler. "These series are creatively distinct, continue to improve each week and are led by strong showrunners, writing and production staffs, and feature amazingly talented casts."
Debuted against FOX's "The Michael J. Fox Show", "The Crazy Ones" which marks Robin Williams' return to series television came out on top with a 4.0 rating among adults 18-49, making it the highest-rated new comedy of the fall TV season and the most watched series premiere (15.6 million total viewers) among broadcast networks. Season to date, it's averaging 13.7 million viewers and a 3.6 rating in the coveted demo.
"The Millers" starring Will Arnett averaging 12.4 million viewers and a 3.2 rating in adults 18-49 demo so far, while "Mom" from executive producer Chuck Lorre is delivering an average of 7.98 million viewers and a 2.6 rating among adults 18-49.
Over at another network, FOX has also just picked up new comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" to full season. The network also gives a post-Super Bowl spot to the Andy Samberg-starring series despite its consideraby low rating (a 2.1 in adults 18-49 with 4.9 million viewers).
CBS has recently canceled struggling comedy "We Are Men" after just two episodes.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival