CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of 'The Crazy Ones', 'The Millers' and 'Mom'
CBS has just ordered more episodes of its three new comedies, "The Crazy Ones", "The Millers" and "Mom". The network gives back-nine episode orders to the trio of freshmen, bringing them to a complete 22-episode season each.
"We're proud of CBS' leadership position in comedy and excited to build on it with the back nine pickups of these three new comedies," says CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler. "These series are creatively distinct, continue to improve each week and are led by strong showrunners, writing and production staffs, and feature amazingly talented casts."
Debuted against FOX's "The Michael J. Fox Show", "The Crazy Ones" which marks Robin Williams' return to series television came out on top with a 4.0 rating among adults 18-49, making it the highest-rated new comedy of the fall TV season and the most watched series premiere (15.6 million total viewers) among broadcast networks. Season to date, it's averaging 13.7 million viewers and a 3.6 rating in the coveted demo.
"The Millers" starring Will Arnett averaging 12.4 million viewers and a 3.2 rating in adults 18-49 demo so far, while "Mom" from executive producer Chuck Lorre is delivering an average of 7.98 million viewers and a 2.6 rating among adults 18-49.
Over at another network, FOX has also just picked up new comedy "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" to full season. The network also gives a post-Super Bowl spot to the Andy Samberg-starring series despite its consideraby low rating (a 2.1 in adults 18-49 with 4.9 million viewers).
CBS has recently canceled struggling comedy "We Are Men" after just two episodes.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support