Snoop Dogg to Be Called Snoopzilla for Funk Album
After transforming himself to Snoop Lion for reggae album "Reincarnated", Snoop Dogg is set to be called with another name for another album. This time, the 41-year-old rapper changes his name to Snoopzilla for an upcoming collaborative release with musician Dam-Funk, "7 Days of Funk".
The new moniker Snoopzilla is a homage to Bootsy Collins. The 61-year-old artist, who's a member of Parliament-Funkadelic, sometimes used the nickname Bootzilla and even released a hit single by the same name.
As for the new album, Snoop's "7 Days of Funk" will be released on December 10 via Stones Throw Records. "We're the babies of the Mothership. I've had funk influences in my music my whole career," Snoop said of his upcoming record. "Dam-Funk is cold. He's keeping the funk alive and I knew I had to get down with him."
"Snoop knew what I was thinking without me having to articulate it," Funk explained of working with the "Drop It Like It's Hot" singer in a statement. "That's how you know when you gel artistically with someone." Snoop and Funk's duet album has already generated one single entitled "Faden Away".
More Snoop Dogg News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018