Austin Mahone Hospitalized With Blood Clot, Inflammation and Severe Dehydration
More info about Austin Mahone's condition has been revealed. A representative for the "What About Love" singer tells PEOPLE that the singer "was admitted to the hospital with 104 temperature and is being treated for a blood clot and extreme inflammation in his throat, as well as severe dehydration."
The pop star apparently had been feeling ill for several days before being rushed to hospital on Thursday, October 17 at around 9 A.M. Austin then took to Instagram to share a photo of him in a hospital gown. "I've never felt so bad," the 17-year-old star captioned the picture. Following the news of his hospitalization, Austin's fans flooded Twitter with messages of support, prompting hashtag trend #prayforaustin.
Austin is forced to postpone his entire tour with MTV due to the illness. "Austin is very ill. Unfortunately we are going to have to postpone the entire MTV Artist to Watch Tour. We feel very bad but we have no choice but to POSTPONE the tour for now. Thank you for your prayers #PrayforAustin," his mother Michele announced the sad news via Twitter on Thursday.
According to a statement which was released on the same date, Austin "is now on strict doctor's orders to stay on rest." MTV News reported that the tour would be pushed to 2014.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift