Austin Mahone Hospitalized With Blood Clot, Inflammation and Severe Dehydration
More info about Austin Mahone's condition has been revealed. A representative for the "What About Love" singer tells PEOPLE that the singer "was admitted to the hospital with 104 temperature and is being treated for a blood clot and extreme inflammation in his throat, as well as severe dehydration."
The pop star apparently had been feeling ill for several days before being rushed to hospital on Thursday, October 17 at around 9 A.M. Austin then took to Instagram to share a photo of him in a hospital gown. "I've never felt so bad," the 17-year-old star captioned the picture. Following the news of his hospitalization, Austin's fans flooded Twitter with messages of support, prompting hashtag trend #prayforaustin.
Austin is forced to postpone his entire tour with MTV due to the illness. "Austin is very ill. Unfortunately we are going to have to postpone the entire MTV Artist to Watch Tour. We feel very bad but we have no choice but to POSTPONE the tour for now. Thank you for your prayers #PrayforAustin," his mother Michele announced the sad news via Twitter on Thursday.
According to a statement which was released on the same date, Austin "is now on strict doctor's orders to stay on rest." MTV News reported that the tour would be pushed to 2014.
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream