Austin Mahone Hospitalized With Blood Clot, Inflammation and Severe Dehydration
More info about Austin Mahone's condition has been revealed. A representative for the "What About Love" singer tells PEOPLE that the singer "was admitted to the hospital with 104 temperature and is being treated for a blood clot and extreme inflammation in his throat, as well as severe dehydration."
The pop star apparently had been feeling ill for several days before being rushed to hospital on Thursday, October 17 at around 9 A.M. Austin then took to Instagram to share a photo of him in a hospital gown. "I've never felt so bad," the 17-year-old star captioned the picture. Following the news of his hospitalization, Austin's fans flooded Twitter with messages of support, prompting hashtag trend #prayforaustin.
Austin is forced to postpone his entire tour with MTV due to the illness. "Austin is very ill. Unfortunately we are going to have to postpone the entire MTV Artist to Watch Tour. We feel very bad but we have no choice but to POSTPONE the tour for now. Thank you for your prayers #PrayforAustin," his mother Michele announced the sad news via Twitter on Thursday.
According to a statement which was released on the same date, Austin "is now on strict doctor's orders to stay on rest." MTV News reported that the tour would be pushed to 2014.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single