Netflix Picks Up New Thriller Series From 'Damages' Creators
Netflix has commissioned the three creators of the Glenn Close-starring legal thriller "Damages", Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler, to come up with its next original series. The on-demand streaming media provider has ordered 13 episodes of the new psychological thriller that will be joining Netflix's roster of originals, after "House of Cards", "Orange Is the New Black", "Hemlock Grove" and "Arrested Development".
The still untitled program, which will begin the production in early 2014 under Sony Pictures Television, will revolve around a family of adult siblings "whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black-sheep brother returns home." According to Zelman and the Kesslers, "the series is a tightly wound thriller that explores the complex bonds between parents and children, brothers and sisters and the rivalries, jealousies and betrayals at the core of every family."
As Netflix fans await the new thriller series, Discovery Communications is likewise getting ready for its first scripted drama series. The cable network is working on Mafia drama "The Five Families" with the Academy Award-nominated duo of Irwin Winkler and Nicholas Pileggi, the tandem who wrote "Goodfellas".
"The Five Families" will be the first drama series ever to invoke the five famed Mafia families of New York: the Gambinos, Genoveses, Luccheses, Bonannos and Colombos. The series will be debuted by Discovery on one or more of its U.S. and international networks.
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!