Netflix Picks Up New Thriller Series From 'Damages' Creators
Netflix has commissioned the three creators of the Glenn Close-starring legal thriller "Damages", Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler, to come up with its next original series. The on-demand streaming media provider has ordered 13 episodes of the new psychological thriller that will be joining Netflix's roster of originals, after "House of Cards", "Orange Is the New Black", "Hemlock Grove" and "Arrested Development".
The still untitled program, which will begin the production in early 2014 under Sony Pictures Television, will revolve around a family of adult siblings "whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black-sheep brother returns home." According to Zelman and the Kesslers, "the series is a tightly wound thriller that explores the complex bonds between parents and children, brothers and sisters and the rivalries, jealousies and betrayals at the core of every family."
As Netflix fans await the new thriller series, Discovery Communications is likewise getting ready for its first scripted drama series. The cable network is working on Mafia drama "The Five Families" with the Academy Award-nominated duo of Irwin Winkler and Nicholas Pileggi, the tandem who wrote "Goodfellas".
"The Five Families" will be the first drama series ever to invoke the five famed Mafia families of New York: the Gambinos, Genoveses, Luccheses, Bonannos and Colombos. The series will be debuted by Discovery on one or more of its U.S. and international networks.
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction