Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd Courted for 'Ant-Man'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are reportedly in contention to be the next Marvel superhero. Both actors are said being considered by the company to take the lead role in its upcoming movie "Ant-Man".
Variety reports that Gordon-Levitt and Rudd are currently the main contenders for coveted part. However, insiders say that it doesn't not close the possibility of another actor entering the mix of possible Ant-Man depicter. Both stars are expected to meet with Marvel execs and director Edgar Wright one more time before a decision is made.
Gordon-Levitt has previously taken part in a superhero movie, playing John Blake in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises". He stars in upcoming film "Don Jon", which he also directed and wrote.
As for Rudd, the 44-year-old actor is best known for his roles in comedy movies, including "Anchorman", "Knocked Up" and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". He will reprise his role as Brian Fantana in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" and will appear alongside Paul Giamatti in "All Is Bright".
Marvel recently moved up the release date of "Ant-Man" from November 6 to July 31, 2015. "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" helmer Wright and Joe Cornish team up to write the script.
More Ant-Man News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage