Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd Courted for 'Ant-Man'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are reportedly in contention to be the next Marvel superhero. Both actors are said being considered by the company to take the lead role in its upcoming movie "Ant-Man".
Variety reports that Gordon-Levitt and Rudd are currently the main contenders for coveted part. However, insiders say that it doesn't not close the possibility of another actor entering the mix of possible Ant-Man depicter. Both stars are expected to meet with Marvel execs and director Edgar Wright one more time before a decision is made.
Gordon-Levitt has previously taken part in a superhero movie, playing John Blake in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises". He stars in upcoming film "Don Jon", which he also directed and wrote.
As for Rudd, the 44-year-old actor is best known for his roles in comedy movies, including "Anchorman", "Knocked Up" and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". He will reprise his role as Brian Fantana in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" and will appear alongside Paul Giamatti in "All Is Bright".
Marvel recently moved up the release date of "Ant-Man" from November 6 to July 31, 2015. "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" helmer Wright and Joe Cornish team up to write the script.
More Ant-Man News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'