Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd Courted for 'Ant-Man'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are reportedly in contention to be the next Marvel superhero. Both actors are said being considered by the company to take the lead role in its upcoming movie "Ant-Man".
Variety reports that Gordon-Levitt and Rudd are currently the main contenders for coveted part. However, insiders say that it doesn't not close the possibility of another actor entering the mix of possible Ant-Man depicter. Both stars are expected to meet with Marvel execs and director Edgar Wright one more time before a decision is made.
Gordon-Levitt has previously taken part in a superhero movie, playing John Blake in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises". He stars in upcoming film "Don Jon", which he also directed and wrote.
As for Rudd, the 44-year-old actor is best known for his roles in comedy movies, including "Anchorman", "Knocked Up" and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". He will reprise his role as Brian Fantana in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" and will appear alongside Paul Giamatti in "All Is Bright".
Marvel recently moved up the release date of "Ant-Man" from November 6 to July 31, 2015. "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" helmer Wright and Joe Cornish team up to write the script.
- Meek Mill Takes More Shots at Drake on 'All the Way Up' Remix
- Disney Is Considering a Live-Action Version of 'The Little Mermaid'
- Johnny Depp Protects $400 Net Worth, Refuses Amber Heard's Request for Spousal Support
- 'Limitless' Is Canceled by CBS After One Season, Gets No Second Chance
- Beyonce Holds Hands With Jay-Z During Date Night in NYC
- New 'Captain America' Comic Reveals Steve Rogers Is a Hydra Agent All Along
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp