Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd Courted for 'Ant-Man'
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Paul Rudd are reportedly in contention to be the next Marvel superhero. Both actors are said being considered by the company to take the lead role in its upcoming movie "Ant-Man".
Variety reports that Gordon-Levitt and Rudd are currently the main contenders for coveted part. However, insiders say that it doesn't not close the possibility of another actor entering the mix of possible Ant-Man depicter. Both stars are expected to meet with Marvel execs and director Edgar Wright one more time before a decision is made.
Gordon-Levitt has previously taken part in a superhero movie, playing John Blake in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises". He stars in upcoming film "Don Jon", which he also directed and wrote.
As for Rudd, the 44-year-old actor is best known for his roles in comedy movies, including "Anchorman", "Knocked Up" and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". He will reprise his role as Brian Fantana in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" and will appear alongside Paul Giamatti in "All Is Bright".
Marvel recently moved up the release date of "Ant-Man" from November 6 to July 31, 2015. "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" helmer Wright and Joe Cornish team up to write the script.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked