Susan Sarandon and Eva Amurri to Topline NBC's 'Growing Ivy'
Academy Award-winning actress Susan Sarandon and her daughter Eva Amurri will star on and executive produce the pilot for NBC's new comedy "Growing Ivy". Amurri will also be writing the script with Will McCormack, who's also co-executive producing with the mother-daughter tandem along with "Parks and Recreation" star Rashida Jones.
In the comedy based on her original concept, Amurri plays Ivy Davis, a career-centered control freak who invites her eccentric, freewheeling mother Franckie, portrayed by Sarandon, to move in with her in order to restore balance into her life. With the decision to shift focus back to her personal life, she gets into the process of working on their relationship and hopefully finding love in the end.
"Growing Ivy" will be Sarandon and Amurri's third time together on-screen playing mother and daughter, previously starring in 2002's film "The Banger Sisters" and soon to be seen in the upcoming indie drama "Mother's Day". In 1995's "Dead Man Walking", Amurri played a younger Sarandon, who won an Oscar for Best Actress through her role in the film.
Sarandon is also an Emmy-nominated TV actress, having appeared on such shows as "You Don't Know Jack", "Bernard and Doris", "Malcolm in the Middle" and "Friends". Other film actresses who are trying their hand in TV are fellow Academy Award-winner Halle Berry who will star in Steven Spielberg's "Extant" and Meg Ryan who will topline another NBC comedy.
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist