Video: Selena Gomez Falls Onstage During Virginia Concert
Selena Gomez had a little incident during her recent concert in Fairfax, Virginia. The former Disney star unexpectedly took a little tumble onstage when she was in the middle of performing her hit single, "Slow Down".
Accompanied by several dancers, Gomez sang and danced to the tune. The 21-year-old star jumped around the stage and didn't seem to aware that she was about to land on a lower part of the stage. She fell with her knees hitting the ground first.
Gomez later assured fans that the incident was nothing. She used the moment to greet some lucky fans in the front row. The star then stood up and continued her performance as if nothing had happened.
Gomez is currently in the middle of her Stars Dance tour, which was launched to support her debut solo album "Stars Dance". The record debuted at No. 1 on Billboard 200 back in July.
In related news, Gomez has dropped Lorde's "Royals" from her tour setlist. Idolator reports that Gomez, who has been covering the Kiwi singer/songwriter's hit single, will start covering Katy Perry's "Roar" instead.
Gomez's decision came on the heels of her recent response to Lorde's diss about "Come & Get It". Earlier this month, Lorde admitted that she's a feminist and not a fan of Gomez's anti-feminist hit single.
"I appreciate everybody's opinion," Gomez said. "I think [Lorde] is super talented and I think it's awesome. But I think at the same time that feminism and that specific thing is very sensitive because in my opinion it's not feminism if you're tearing down another artist."
More Selena Gomez News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce