Lea Michele Remembers Cory Monteith in First Interview Since His Death
"There was no greater man than Cory," actress Lea Michele declared about her late boyfriend Cory Monteith, speaking for the first time about the actor as she talked about the "Glee" tribute episode that will be seen this Thursday, October 10. "For the time we spent together I consider myself very lucky," said the 27-year-old singer who began dating Monteith from early 2012 until his untimely death back in July.
"I feel like, for me personally, I've lost two people: Cory and Finn," Michele revealed, referring to Monteith's character Finn Hudson, the high school football team star quarterback on their musical comedy-drama TV series. "We had a beautiful memorial for Cory in the auditorium and some of the cast members sang and people spoke about him. It only felt right that we would do the same thing for Finn," said Michele who plays Rachel Berry, the romantic partner to Finn on the show.
"Glee" released the tribute songs that would be featured in the farewell episode, one of which was "Make You Feel My Love" sung by Michele. She revealed that one of the touching scenes was when she received a plaque from the glee club on Finn's behalf, something similar to a real-life incident when Monteith took a plaque from the set.
She recounted how one day she went home to see the plaque which Monteith wanted to take "all over everywhere" they went over the whole summer to take pictures with. "I got the script and thought it was so unbelievable that they chose to do that in the episode. So, for me, there are a lot of little things that are so special, everything means a lot to me," she said.
More Lea Michele News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'