Lea Michele Remembers Cory Monteith in First Interview Since His Death
"There was no greater man than Cory," actress Lea Michele declared about her late boyfriend Cory Monteith, speaking for the first time about the actor as she talked about the "Glee" tribute episode that will be seen this Thursday, October 10. "For the time we spent together I consider myself very lucky," said the 27-year-old singer who began dating Monteith from early 2012 until his untimely death back in July.
"I feel like, for me personally, I've lost two people: Cory and Finn," Michele revealed, referring to Monteith's character Finn Hudson, the high school football team star quarterback on their musical comedy-drama TV series. "We had a beautiful memorial for Cory in the auditorium and some of the cast members sang and people spoke about him. It only felt right that we would do the same thing for Finn," said Michele who plays Rachel Berry, the romantic partner to Finn on the show.
"Glee" released the tribute songs that would be featured in the farewell episode, one of which was "Make You Feel My Love" sung by Michele. She revealed that one of the touching scenes was when she received a plaque from the glee club on Finn's behalf, something similar to a real-life incident when Monteith took a plaque from the set.
She recounted how one day she went home to see the plaque which Monteith wanted to take "all over everywhere" they went over the whole summer to take pictures with. "I got the script and thought it was so unbelievable that they chose to do that in the episode. So, for me, there are a lot of little things that are so special, everything means a lot to me," she said.
More Lea Michele News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs