The Lumineers Debuts 'Submarines' Music Video
The Lumineers has just unveiled the music video for their latest single, "Submarines". Directed by the band members' longtime friend, Nicholas Sutton Bell, the three-minute video is inspired by the video game "Limbo".
"We've been working with Nick for a while now and love his style and aesthetic on static images," lead singer and guitarist Wesley Schultz said of the video. "We were excited to see what he could do on a full length animated video and we just love it."
Making his directorial debut, Bell recruited friends Neil Dvorak and Michael Oshins to work on a story about a disenchanted sailor, who's on his internal quest to conquer his personal demons. "We used a line-based DaVinci-esque style for the characterizations, and supplemented that with a wool texture and a whiskey color scheme," said Bell.
"Submarines" is featured in The Lumineers' 2012 self-titled debut LP, "The Lumineers". The album peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200.
The Lumineers' "Submarines" music video
More The Lumineers News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding