Jay-Z Signs Steven Spielberg's Kids to Roc Nation
Director Steven Spielberg's son and daughter are two new additions to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label. Theo Spielberg and Sasha Spielberg, who are the members of duo Wardell, are joining the likes of Rihanna, Kylie Minogue and Shakira.
While 23-year-old Sasha serves as the vocalist for Wardell, 25-year-old Theo provides all the instrumentals that include guitar, drums, and piano. They released their first EP "Brother/Sister" via National Anthem on June 3.
According to Roc Nation's website, the siblings are working on their debut album, which is expected to be released some time in 2014 via the "Holy Grail" rapper's label.
"It's the kind of music you'd expect from two people who grew up sharing a wall, infused with that particular intimacy that comes with a life spent knowing each other," read a statement posted on the site. "And while they draw from a wide range of influences, they have managed to create a sound that is wholly their own."
More Jay-Z News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival