Jay-Z Signs Steven Spielberg's Kids to Roc Nation
Director Steven Spielberg's son and daughter are two new additions to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label. Theo Spielberg and Sasha Spielberg, who are the members of duo Wardell, are joining the likes of Rihanna, Kylie Minogue and Shakira.
While 23-year-old Sasha serves as the vocalist for Wardell, 25-year-old Theo provides all the instrumentals that include guitar, drums, and piano. They released their first EP "Brother/Sister" via National Anthem on June 3.
According to Roc Nation's website, the siblings are working on their debut album, which is expected to be released some time in 2014 via the "Holy Grail" rapper's label.
"It's the kind of music you'd expect from two people who grew up sharing a wall, infused with that particular intimacy that comes with a life spent knowing each other," read a statement posted on the site. "And while they draw from a wide range of influences, they have managed to create a sound that is wholly their own."
More Jay-Z News
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13