Jay-Z Signs Steven Spielberg's Kids to Roc Nation
Director Steven Spielberg's son and daughter are two new additions to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label. Theo Spielberg and Sasha Spielberg, who are the members of duo Wardell, are joining the likes of Rihanna, Kylie Minogue and Shakira.
While 23-year-old Sasha serves as the vocalist for Wardell, 25-year-old Theo provides all the instrumentals that include guitar, drums, and piano. They released their first EP "Brother/Sister" via National Anthem on June 3.
According to Roc Nation's website, the siblings are working on their debut album, which is expected to be released some time in 2014 via the "Holy Grail" rapper's label.
"It's the kind of music you'd expect from two people who grew up sharing a wall, infused with that particular intimacy that comes with a life spent knowing each other," read a statement posted on the site. "And while they draw from a wide range of influences, they have managed to create a sound that is wholly their own."
More Jay-Z News
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week