Jay-Z Signs Steven Spielberg's Kids to Roc Nation
Director Steven Spielberg's son and daughter are two new additions to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label. Theo Spielberg and Sasha Spielberg, who are the members of duo Wardell, are joining the likes of Rihanna, Kylie Minogue and Shakira.
While 23-year-old Sasha serves as the vocalist for Wardell, 25-year-old Theo provides all the instrumentals that include guitar, drums, and piano. They released their first EP "Brother/Sister" via National Anthem on June 3.
According to Roc Nation's website, the siblings are working on their debut album, which is expected to be released some time in 2014 via the "Holy Grail" rapper's label.
"It's the kind of music you'd expect from two people who grew up sharing a wall, infused with that particular intimacy that comes with a life spent knowing each other," read a statement posted on the site. "And while they draw from a wide range of influences, they have managed to create a sound that is wholly their own."
More Jay-Z News
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip