Julianne Hough and Mark Ballas Take Swipes at Each Other on 'DWTS'
Since leaving the dance competition show after season eight to pursue her acting and singing career, "Dancing with the Stars" two-time champion Julianne Hough appeared as a guest judge on Monday night, October 7, filling-in for head judge Len Goodman. And indeed, as she herself said on Twitter the week before, the "angel with devil horns" was back.
As she commented on the foxtrot number by celebrity contestant Christina Milian and her pro ballroom dancer partner Mark Ballas, Hough told Milian, "I really wanted to see you shine. I danced with Mark. You have to stand in front to make sure you're seen." The hip-hop/R'n'B artist took it in stride, saying that while Hough "put a little sting on me," it was okay "as long as we did a fantastic job."
However, Ballas was not as dismissive, returning Hough's critique with an equally stinging swipe, saying, "The one comment for me that was a little funny is that I make it all about me. All the critiques were at me, and not at [Milian]. So I thought that was a little hypocritical comment." He, however, quickly offset it by praising her former competitor for being "insightful," giving "great tips on lines and how to express" and was "one of the best" guest judges the show has had.
Hough and Ballas were actually childhood friends who paired up for and won in the Junior Olympics for ballroom dancing. They began to be estranged after Hough claimed she was "mentally and physically abused" when she trained in London under Ballas' parents, dance champions Shirley and Corky Ballas.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson