Ben Kingsley Denies 'Star Wars' Audition, Harrison Ford Confirms 'Blade Runner 2' Casting Report
Sir Ben Kingsley is not auditioning for "Star Wars Episode 7", despite rumors to the contrary. The 69-year-old British actor denied the casting report when sitting down with Total Film to promote his newest upcoming movie "Ender's Game".
"Oh, what a shame that I wasn't awake during the audition," the movie veteran said in jest. "It's passed me by entirely...I have no recollection of it whatsoever! I do apologize to the producers and director, but I'm afraid that I have no recall of this."
Meanwhile, Kingsley's co-star Harrison Ford confirmed in a separate media tour that he's indeed in talks to return for the upcoming sequel of Ridley Scott's classic sci-fi thriller "Blade Runner". He revealed to IGN, "Yeah, we've been chatting about it..."
"I truly admire Ridley as a man and as a director, and I would be very happy to engage again with him in the further telling of this story," added the 71-year-old star who, in the first film, portrayed retired police officer Rick Deckard tasked to hunt down human-like robots.
When asked if he remembered the first film with fondness since there were reports that he didn't, Ford said, "I'm not there to generate nostalgic moments, I'm there to do a job of work...I quite understand that everyone has an ambition when they come into a film and everyone's ambition may not be so focused on the same thing."
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order