Ben Kingsley Denies 'Star Wars' Audition, Harrison Ford Confirms 'Blade Runner 2' Casting Report
Sir Ben Kingsley is not auditioning for "Star Wars Episode 7", despite rumors to the contrary. The 69-year-old British actor denied the casting report when sitting down with Total Film to promote his newest upcoming movie "Ender's Game".
"Oh, what a shame that I wasn't awake during the audition," the movie veteran said in jest. "It's passed me by entirely...I have no recollection of it whatsoever! I do apologize to the producers and director, but I'm afraid that I have no recall of this."
Meanwhile, Kingsley's co-star Harrison Ford confirmed in a separate media tour that he's indeed in talks to return for the upcoming sequel of Ridley Scott's classic sci-fi thriller "Blade Runner". He revealed to IGN, "Yeah, we've been chatting about it..."
"I truly admire Ridley as a man and as a director, and I would be very happy to engage again with him in the further telling of this story," added the 71-year-old star who, in the first film, portrayed retired police officer Rick Deckard tasked to hunt down human-like robots.
When asked if he remembered the first film with fondness since there were reports that he didn't, Ford said, "I'm not there to generate nostalgic moments, I'm there to do a job of work...I quite understand that everyone has an ambition when they come into a film and everyone's ambition may not be so focused on the same thing."
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons