'Catching Fire' Ditches Shaky Cam, Focuses More on Love Triangle
Before "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" comes to theaters this coming November, director Francis Lawrence gives a scoop on what to expect in the sequel. Taking over the rein from Gary Ross who directed the first film, Lawrence spills on the different approach he took for the second installment.
The filmmaker reveals that, unlike what Ross did in the first installment "The Hunger Games", he didn't use shaky cam to give a pseudo-documentary effect to the upcoming film. He tells New York Magazine with laughs, "No! No shaky cam." He adds, "I think a lot of people will be happy to hear that."
He also decides to explore the love triangle story between Katniss, Gale and Peeta to make up the lack of it in the first movie. "I felt the love story in general was, um, a bit buried in the first one. I wanted to bring the love story to the surface. And when I say love story, I mean the triangle," so he explains.
Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson are all back reprising their roles as Katniss, Gale and Peeta respectively. The sequel will see Katniss and Peeta competing in the special 75th Hunger Games known as the Quarter Quell, where they have to face off previous victors.
"Catching Fire" will be released in theaters on November 22 this year. "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2" will follow on November 21, 2014 and on November 20, 2015, respectively. Lawrence returns to direct the last two entries.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?