'Catching Fire' Ditches Shaky Cam, Focuses More on Love Triangle
Before "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" comes to theaters this coming November, director Francis Lawrence gives a scoop on what to expect in the sequel. Taking over the rein from Gary Ross who directed the first film, Lawrence spills on the different approach he took for the second installment.
The filmmaker reveals that, unlike what Ross did in the first installment "The Hunger Games", he didn't use shaky cam to give a pseudo-documentary effect to the upcoming film. He tells New York Magazine with laughs, "No! No shaky cam." He adds, "I think a lot of people will be happy to hear that."
He also decides to explore the love triangle story between Katniss, Gale and Peeta to make up the lack of it in the first movie. "I felt the love story in general was, um, a bit buried in the first one. I wanted to bring the love story to the surface. And when I say love story, I mean the triangle," so he explains.
Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson are all back reprising their roles as Katniss, Gale and Peeta respectively. The sequel will see Katniss and Peeta competing in the special 75th Hunger Games known as the Quarter Quell, where they have to face off previous victors.
"Catching Fire" will be released in theaters on November 22 this year. "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2" will follow on November 21, 2014 and on November 20, 2015, respectively. Lawrence returns to direct the last two entries.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up