'Catching Fire' Ditches Shaky Cam, Focuses More on Love Triangle
Before "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" comes to theaters this coming November, director Francis Lawrence gives a scoop on what to expect in the sequel. Taking over the rein from Gary Ross who directed the first film, Lawrence spills on the different approach he took for the second installment.
The filmmaker reveals that, unlike what Ross did in the first installment "The Hunger Games", he didn't use shaky cam to give a pseudo-documentary effect to the upcoming film. He tells New York Magazine with laughs, "No! No shaky cam." He adds, "I think a lot of people will be happy to hear that."
He also decides to explore the love triangle story between Katniss, Gale and Peeta to make up the lack of it in the first movie. "I felt the love story in general was, um, a bit buried in the first one. I wanted to bring the love story to the surface. And when I say love story, I mean the triangle," so he explains.
Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson are all back reprising their roles as Katniss, Gale and Peeta respectively. The sequel will see Katniss and Peeta competing in the special 75th Hunger Games known as the Quarter Quell, where they have to face off previous victors.
"Catching Fire" will be released in theaters on November 22 this year. "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" and "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2" will follow on November 21, 2014 and on November 20, 2015, respectively. Lawrence returns to direct the last two entries.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair