Miley Cyrus: I Don't Know If I'll Make Up With Sinead O'Connor
Miley Cyrus, who is involved in an online feud with Sinead O'Connor, says that she doesn't know if she will make up with the 46-year-old singer. As reported by the Associated Press, Miley said, "I don't know. Are we supposed to kiss?" when asked in an interview at a CD signing for her new album "Bangerz" in New York on Tuesday, October 8.
Sinead, meanwhile, has written fourth open letter addressed to the "Wrecking Ball" singer. In her latest letter, the Irish singer revealed that some people urged her to commit suicide. "As a result of what you did, I have had numerous communications from people urging me to commit suicide. Not to mention, I have been the subject of literally thousands of abusive articles and or comments left after articles, which state that I and therefore all perceived mentally ill people, should be bullied and be invalidated," she said.
"Luckily I am a strong person. And I have four children whose lives would be destroyed if I were to buckle under the abuse you set me up for. If I were not, and/or I did not have four children, these types of communications and these types of articles and remarks could have had their desired effect," Sinead said further, adding that her "children have been extremely upset by the nature of media attitudes toward their mother on the grounds their mother is (falsely) believed to be mentally ill." She also told Miley to apologize to her and Amanda Bynes.
The online feud started last week after Sinead told Miley to stop "pimping" herself. The 20-year-old singer hit back at Sinead, mocking her past mental illness and comparing her with Amanda who is currently seeking treatment. Sinead got upset and demanded apology.
During appearance on "Today" show on Monday, Miley said that she considered Sinead as "an incredible artist." She told Matt Lauer, "I don't know how someone can start a fight with somebody who said, 'Hey, I really respect you. And I really love what you what you did.' 'You know what? You suck! I don't like you!' That was kind of crazy. But as I said, I'm a big fan of hers, so it doesn't really matter."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments