Iggy Azalea Pushes Back Debut LP Release Date to 2014
Iggy Azalea has revealed that her debut LP, "The New Classic", won't arrive until next year. In a new interview with Australia's Herald Sun, the 23-year-old singer said that the album's release date had been pushed back from October to early March, 2014.
"The official date? F**ked if I know!" Iggy admitted. "It's done, it's so depressing to say this but it's the beginning of March, it's so far away but I just have to accept that."
The Australia native then explained why her team decided to delay the album's arrival. "It was supposed to be October but obviously I'm going on tour with [Beyonce Knowles] and they said I'm not allowed to put an album out while I'm on tour because I'll be trapped in Australia and I won't be able to do any TV appearances," she said.
"And I thought that's fair enough," she continued. "That's three weeks and then they said 'You can't put an album out around Christmas time, that's a bad time' and I said 'What about January?' [They said,] 'Well nobody gets back off holidays and then it's the Brit Awards, you can't release an album, it's terrible for marketing' which brings me to February."
Iggy added, "The marketing team gets to control me unfortunately, I don't get to control that."
The "Work" hitmaker is gearing up to support the Australian leg of Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Show World tour. The 14-date tour kicks off on October 22 and wraps up on November 9.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour