Iggy Azalea Pushes Back Debut LP Release Date to 2014
Iggy Azalea has revealed that her debut LP, "The New Classic", won't arrive until next year. In a new interview with Australia's Herald Sun, the 23-year-old singer said that the album's release date had been pushed back from October to early March, 2014.
"The official date? F**ked if I know!" Iggy admitted. "It's done, it's so depressing to say this but it's the beginning of March, it's so far away but I just have to accept that."
The Australia native then explained why her team decided to delay the album's arrival. "It was supposed to be October but obviously I'm going on tour with [Beyonce Knowles] and they said I'm not allowed to put an album out while I'm on tour because I'll be trapped in Australia and I won't be able to do any TV appearances," she said.
"And I thought that's fair enough," she continued. "That's three weeks and then they said 'You can't put an album out around Christmas time, that's a bad time' and I said 'What about January?' [They said,] 'Well nobody gets back off holidays and then it's the Brit Awards, you can't release an album, it's terrible for marketing' which brings me to February."
Iggy added, "The marketing team gets to control me unfortunately, I don't get to control that."
The "Work" hitmaker is gearing up to support the Australian leg of Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Show World tour. The 14-date tour kicks off on October 22 and wraps up on November 9.
More Iggy Azalea News
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans