Iggy Azalea Pushes Back Debut LP Release Date to 2014
Iggy Azalea has revealed that her debut LP, "The New Classic", won't arrive until next year. In a new interview with Australia's Herald Sun, the 23-year-old singer said that the album's release date had been pushed back from October to early March, 2014.
"The official date? F**ked if I know!" Iggy admitted. "It's done, it's so depressing to say this but it's the beginning of March, it's so far away but I just have to accept that."
The Australia native then explained why her team decided to delay the album's arrival. "It was supposed to be October but obviously I'm going on tour with [Beyonce Knowles] and they said I'm not allowed to put an album out while I'm on tour because I'll be trapped in Australia and I won't be able to do any TV appearances," she said.
"And I thought that's fair enough," she continued. "That's three weeks and then they said 'You can't put an album out around Christmas time, that's a bad time' and I said 'What about January?' [They said,] 'Well nobody gets back off holidays and then it's the Brit Awards, you can't release an album, it's terrible for marketing' which brings me to February."
Iggy added, "The marketing team gets to control me unfortunately, I don't get to control that."
The "Work" hitmaker is gearing up to support the Australian leg of Beyonce's Mrs. Carter Show World tour. The 14-date tour kicks off on October 22 and wraps up on November 9.
More Iggy Azalea News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars