Eminem Premieres 'Survival' Music Video
After debuting it in mid-August when it was heard in the trailer for the video game "Call of Duty: Ghosts", Eminem unveiled a music video of "Survival" on Tuesday, October 8. The track appears on his forthcoming album "MMLP2", which arrives on November 5.
The four-and-a-half-minute visuals takes viewers back to the 40-year-old rapper's neighborhood in Detroit, chosen as the appropriate location for the storyline where Eminem is the leader of a stencil skull graffiti-making crew of masked artists that spray paint the streets. Images from the video game also play in the background in those scenes where the Grammy winner raps the verses to the DJ Khalil-produced tune featuring Liz Rodrigues.
The clip ends with Eminem checking out a house with the number 19946, representing the Dresden Street home where he spent his formative years in Detroit. It's also featured in the cover artwork for his upcoming studio album, which was similar to the cover of the first Marshall Mathers LP released back in 2000.
"Survival" marks Eminem's return to recording, a much-anticipated comeback since his last album "Recovery" which carried the hits "Not Afraid" and "Love the Way You Lie" was released in 2010. Soon after dropping "Survival", Eminem quickly followed it up with the single "Berzerk", the Rick Rubin-produced old school hip-hop track that sampled Billy Squier's "The Stroke".
Eminem's "Survival" music video
More Eminem News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie