Ashley Judd Rushes to Husband Dario Franchitti's Side After Car Accident
As three-time Indianapolis 500 champion Dario Franchitti recovers from the frightening crash he suffered over the weekend during the last lap of the Houston Grand Prix, he has his wife Ashley Judd among those wishing for his speedy recovery. The actress rushed to his side at the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center where he was operated on to repair his fractured right ankle.
"Thank you for the prayers for @dariofranchitti I have only clothes on my back & the dogs but that's all that we need & we are on our way," Judd tweeted on Sunday, October 6. The following morning, Franchitti also sent out a couple of his own tweets, saying, "Thank you to everyone for all the well wishes. They mean a lot to me," and, "I would also like to send my best to all the fans involved in the accident and hope that everyone is alright."
A total of thirteen spectators also got injured when Franchitti's car hit the fence as he tried to drive pass Takuma Sato on the race track, sending flying debris from the collision into the crowd causing minor injuries. Franchitti suffered a concussion along with his broken ankle and was taken to the hospital along with an IndyCar official and two of the injured spectators, while the eleven others were evaluated on site.
If anything, the accident proved that despite having announced their separation back in January, Judd was still concerned for Franchitti. There's no indication whether they have reconciled or simply remained friends after the split but definitely 11 years together could not be simply put aside especially during times like that.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce