Miley Cyrus Performs on 'Today', Addresses Sinead O'Connor Feud
A day before she is set to debut her fourth studio album "Bangerz" on Tuesday, October 8, Miley Cyrus performed two of its tracks on the "Today" show, the lead single "We Can't Stop" and the follow-up release "Wrecking Ball". The 20-year-old entertainer completed her 3-song set for the daily variety-talk show with her 2009 hit "Party in the U.S.A.".
Wearing a white ensemble of a loose top and shorts with a silver choker and matching laced-up flats, Cyrus entertained the crowd that gathered in Rockefeller Center in New York City that morning. Definitely tamed-down in comparison to her recent performances, with no twerking on "We Can't Stop" and no nudity during her rendition of "Wrecking Ball", the controversial artist still put on quite a show.
In her sit-down interview with host Matt Lauer, Cyrus addressed her fresh online feud with Sinead O'Connor, starting off with how much she respected the Irish singer, saying, "I think she's an incredible artist, I think she's an awesome songwriter, and I was really inspired by her for my 'Wrecking Ball' video." She added, "I don't know how someone can start a fight with somebody by saying, 'Hey, I really respect you and I really love what you did ... you know what, you suck.' That was kind of crazy."
Apart from this most recent issue, Lauer also took the opportunity of the interview to ask Cyrus about her seemingly sexually-charged persona as best exhibited during her wild VMA performance. Cyrus said that the backlash it got was all ok since it was something she did for her fans and not for those people who didn't understand her and what she did as an artist.
Miley Cyrus performing "We Can't Stop":
More Miley Cyrus News
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors