Eminem Watches in Private as Daughter Is Crowned Homecoming Queen
Eminem's 17-year-old daughter Hailie Scott is the homecoming queen of Chippewa Valley High School. According to Macomb Daily, the rapper watched in private as Hailie was voted as homecoming queen on Friday night, October 4 in Clinton Township, Mich.
A parent who was not named told the news outlet, "Hailie came out with her mother Kim [Scott] when she was introduced with all the other kids but her father watched from inside the school because he didn't want to cause a scene - he wanted Hailie to have her own moment."
"I heard our people had him in the cafeteria so he could see what was going on outside, but I can't confirm that," George Sobah, president of the Chippewa Valley Board of Education, said. According to several parents, the Detroit-born and Macomb County-raised rapper watched the football game and the homecoming proceedings from a classroom.
Another parent commented that Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, was beaming with pride. "He opened the door and looked out like - 'That's my daughter!' He just looked like a proud father," the parent said.
Many people talked about Hailie as local TV news reported the event. A screengrab of the news which was floating on Twitter shows crowned Hailie and the homecoming king Tyler Knepp smiling brightly.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics