Video: 'Carrie' Scares Coffee Shop Patrons With Telekinetic Prank
While Will Ferrell goes commercial to promote "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", filmmakers behind the new adaptation of horror classic "Carrie" do things differently. Channeling their inner jokesters, they create an elaborate prank in New York to hype up the upcoming film.
Staying true to the horror theme to give unsuspecting fans an experience worthy of the Stephen King novel, the crew set up a so-called "coffee shop surprise" scenario, where an upset young woman "kinetically" lifts a male patron and pins him to the wall after he accidentally spilled coffee on her.
Hidden camera captures customers' reactions as they watch the supposed-telekinetic incident happens right in front of their eyes. Most of them, showing initial disbelief, panick and then run from the shop when books, tables and chairs "magically" move to every direction as the angry woman screams like a possessed soul.
"Carrie" remake stars Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore. Scripted by "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the scary movie will haunt theaters in Stateside later this month on October 18.
More Carrie News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris