Video: 'Carrie' Scares Coffee Shop Patrons With Telekinetic Prank
While Will Ferrell goes commercial to promote "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", filmmakers behind the new adaptation of horror classic "Carrie" do things differently. Channeling their inner jokesters, they create an elaborate prank in New York to hype up the upcoming film.
Staying true to the horror theme to give unsuspecting fans an experience worthy of the Stephen King novel, the crew set up a so-called "coffee shop surprise" scenario, where an upset young woman "kinetically" lifts a male patron and pins him to the wall after he accidentally spilled coffee on her.
Hidden camera captures customers' reactions as they watch the supposed-telekinetic incident happens right in front of their eyes. Most of them, showing initial disbelief, panick and then run from the shop when books, tables and chairs "magically" move to every direction as the angry woman screams like a possessed soul.
"Carrie" remake stars Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore. Scripted by "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the scary movie will haunt theaters in Stateside later this month on October 18.
More Carrie News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special