Video: 'Carrie' Scares Coffee Shop Patrons With Telekinetic Prank
While Will Ferrell goes commercial to promote "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", filmmakers behind the new adaptation of horror classic "Carrie" do things differently. Channeling their inner jokesters, they create an elaborate prank in New York to hype up the upcoming film.
Staying true to the horror theme to give unsuspecting fans an experience worthy of the Stephen King novel, the crew set up a so-called "coffee shop surprise" scenario, where an upset young woman "kinetically" lifts a male patron and pins him to the wall after he accidentally spilled coffee on her.
Hidden camera captures customers' reactions as they watch the supposed-telekinetic incident happens right in front of their eyes. Most of them, showing initial disbelief, panick and then run from the shop when books, tables and chairs "magically" move to every direction as the angry woman screams like a possessed soul.
"Carrie" remake stars Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore. Scripted by "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the scary movie will haunt theaters in Stateside later this month on October 18.
More Carrie News
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight