Video: 'Carrie' Scares Coffee Shop Patrons With Telekinetic Prank
While Will Ferrell goes commercial to promote "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", filmmakers behind the new adaptation of horror classic "Carrie" do things differently. Channeling their inner jokesters, they create an elaborate prank in New York to hype up the upcoming film.
Staying true to the horror theme to give unsuspecting fans an experience worthy of the Stephen King novel, the crew set up a so-called "coffee shop surprise" scenario, where an upset young woman "kinetically" lifts a male patron and pins him to the wall after he accidentally spilled coffee on her.
Hidden camera captures customers' reactions as they watch the supposed-telekinetic incident happens right in front of their eyes. Most of them, showing initial disbelief, panick and then run from the shop when books, tables and chairs "magically" move to every direction as the angry woman screams like a possessed soul.
"Carrie" remake stars Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore. Scripted by "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the scary movie will haunt theaters in Stateside later this month on October 18.
More Carrie News
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London