Video: 'Carrie' Scares Coffee Shop Patrons With Telekinetic Prank
While Will Ferrell goes commercial to promote "Anchorman: The Legend Continues", filmmakers behind the new adaptation of horror classic "Carrie" do things differently. Channeling their inner jokesters, they create an elaborate prank in New York to hype up the upcoming film.
Staying true to the horror theme to give unsuspecting fans an experience worthy of the Stephen King novel, the crew set up a so-called "coffee shop surprise" scenario, where an upset young woman "kinetically" lifts a male patron and pins him to the wall after he accidentally spilled coffee on her.
Hidden camera captures customers' reactions as they watch the supposed-telekinetic incident happens right in front of their eyes. Most of them, showing initial disbelief, panick and then run from the shop when books, tables and chairs "magically" move to every direction as the angry woman screams like a possessed soul.
"Carrie" remake stars Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore. Scripted by "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the scary movie will haunt theaters in Stateside later this month on October 18.
More Carrie News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March