Avril Lavigne Debuts 'Let Me Go' Featuring Chad Kroeger
Following the release of "Here's to Never Growing Up" and "Rock N Roll", Avril Lavigne debuts "Let Me Go", the third single off her forthcoming self-titled fifth studio album due on November 5. The four-and-a-half-minute track features Nickelback's frontman Chad Kroeger whom the pop-rock singer wed last July.
"Can't wait for you to hear my new song, Let Me Go feat Chad Kroeger," Lavigne tweeted on Monday, October 7. Shortly after, she went on air over at Los Angeles radio station KBIG 104.3 to debut the tune, and apparently later that day, she would be off to filming the music video for the just-released single.
"Let Me Go", co-written and co-produced by the couple with David Hodges, formerly of the band Evanescence, may be a love ballad but the husband and wife tandem were able to pull-off the tune, despite her pop-rock style and his hard rock sound. Her soaring vocals on the hook combined with mild backing vocals from her hubby with strings playing in the background were beautifully crafted.
The track tells the story of two people who are trying to let go of their past heartbreaks and found each other in the process to realize, "Love's never too late". "I've broken free from those memories/ I've let it go, I've let it go/ And two goodbyes led to this new life...Won't let you go, don't let me go."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding