Jennifer Ehle in Talks to Play Anastasia's Mother in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Jennifer Ehle could join the cast of "Fifty Shades of Grey". The 43-year-old actress is in negotiations to play Carla, the mother of college student Anastasia Steele who enters an S&M relationship with kinky billionaire Christian Grey.
"Need for Speed" actress Dakota Johnson will portray Anastasia and "Sons of Anarchy" actor Charlie Hunnam will play Christian. With Sam Taylor-Johnson on the helm, the adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel eyes August 1, 2014.
The casting of the lead roles drew negative responses from fans, but producer Dana Brunetti reasoned, "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc. So if your favorite wasn't cast, then it is most likely due to something on that list. Keep that in mind while hating and keep perspective."
Ehle is best known for her BAFTA winning role as Elizabeth Bennet in 1995's miniseries "Pride and Prejudice". She was most recently seen in Jessica Chastain's critically-acclaimed "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" and will next appear in the "RoboCop" remake.
She was also recently cast in art-heist movie "The Forger (2014)". She joins the likes of Anson Mount, Abigail Spencer and Marcus Thomas in the supporting roles, with John Travolta, Christopher Plummer and Tye Sheridan on the lead.
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass