Jennifer Ehle in Talks to Play Anastasia's Mother in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Jennifer Ehle could join the cast of "Fifty Shades of Grey". The 43-year-old actress is in negotiations to play Carla, the mother of college student Anastasia Steele who enters an S&M relationship with kinky billionaire Christian Grey.
"Need for Speed" actress Dakota Johnson will portray Anastasia and "Sons of Anarchy" actor Charlie Hunnam will play Christian. With Sam Taylor-Johnson on the helm, the adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel eyes August 1, 2014.
The casting of the lead roles drew negative responses from fans, but producer Dana Brunetti reasoned, "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc. So if your favorite wasn't cast, then it is most likely due to something on that list. Keep that in mind while hating and keep perspective."
Ehle is best known for her BAFTA winning role as Elizabeth Bennet in 1995's miniseries "Pride and Prejudice". She was most recently seen in Jessica Chastain's critically-acclaimed "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" and will next appear in the "RoboCop" remake.
She was also recently cast in art-heist movie "The Forger (2014)". She joins the likes of Anson Mount, Abigail Spencer and Marcus Thomas in the supporting roles, with John Travolta, Christopher Plummer and Tye Sheridan on the lead.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says