Jennifer Ehle in Talks to Play Anastasia's Mother in 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
Jennifer Ehle could join the cast of "Fifty Shades of Grey". The 43-year-old actress is in negotiations to play Carla, the mother of college student Anastasia Steele who enters an S&M relationship with kinky billionaire Christian Grey.
"Need for Speed" actress Dakota Johnson will portray Anastasia and "Sons of Anarchy" actor Charlie Hunnam will play Christian. With Sam Taylor-Johnson on the helm, the adaptation of E.L. James' erotic novel eyes August 1, 2014.
The casting of the lead roles drew negative responses from fans, but producer Dana Brunetti reasoned, "There is a lot that goes into casting that isn't just looks. Talent, availability, their desire to do it, chemistry with other actor, etc. So if your favorite wasn't cast, then it is most likely due to something on that list. Keep that in mind while hating and keep perspective."
Ehle is best known for her BAFTA winning role as Elizabeth Bennet in 1995's miniseries "Pride and Prejudice". She was most recently seen in Jessica Chastain's critically-acclaimed "Zero Dark Thirty (2012)" and will next appear in the "RoboCop" remake.
She was also recently cast in art-heist movie "The Forger (2014)". She joins the likes of Anson Mount, Abigail Spencer and Marcus Thomas in the supporting roles, with John Travolta, Christopher Plummer and Tye Sheridan on the lead.
More Fifty Shades of Grey News
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- Lindsay Lohan Really Wants to Play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper