Artist of the Week: Pusha T
After being delayed several times, Pusha T's debut solo album "My Name Is My Name" is set to arrive this week. Originally scheduled to be released early this year, the Kanye West-executive produced album is now due out on Tuesday, October 8.
In some interviews, the one half of Clipse insisted that "My Name Is My Name" would be the best album of the year. When talking to Esquire magazine, Pusha T explained why he's sure the record would be that great.
"Well, I've heard a lot of [other records]. And mine is better," he explained. "I just know what I'm looking to bring to the music game, and it's a certain level of energy."
"I've made the perfect album that I want to put in my car and ride to. It's a certain energy that makes you do stupid things like ride past the club three times with the windows down when it's cold outside just so people can hear what you're listening to. I made that album. And I was that stupid guy at one point, so I know I made it," he continued.
Pusha T also talked about working with West, who is also his G.O.O.D. Music boss. "Ye is a genius, man. Working under him, being a student, because that's exactly what I turned into - being a student under his school is a blessing," he gushed.
In a recent interview, the 36-year-old entertainer also talked about his love for music, especially hip-hop. "I feel like a rapper more than I've ever felt like one," he said. "I got rappers in my phone. I talk to rappers on the phone. I do features for rappers for free, we have rapper conversations. We do the handshake and the hugs at the same time, and shit. I fake smile, I do it all, man. I'm in the the Rap world. I'm in it. I'm here now."
"If I'm in this Rap game, fully invested, if I've taken some of the losses I've taken, if I do all the work that I do, I'm here to accomplish, achieve, and take every accolade that's due to me," he continued.
"This business isn't that nice for me to just 'do it for the love.' I'ma leave that to someone else. I love making music. I love writing. I love performing. But this business? Nah, man. It ain't just about the love for me," he added.
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'