Red Hot Chili Peppers and Neil Young to Raise Money for Kids Charity
The Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Michael "Flea" Balzary and frontman Anthony Kiedis will host a benefit concert for the Silverlake Conservatory of Music on October 30 in Los Angeles, California. It will feature performances by legendary rocker Neil Young and the RHCP themselves.
"Having one of my favorite musicians Neil Young perform to help out the school is the greatest blessing! This is gonna be the funnest fundraiser ever! All of us working together, making L.A. a better city, and educating the kids! Yay!" said Flea. He founded the organization back in 2001 that facilitates basic music education by providing music lessons to the people in the community and grants scholarships to less privileged kids which includes free music lessons and instruments.
The show is a $2,000 per plate fundraising dinner event, with a 10-seat table offered at $25,000. A silent auction will also be done featuring the works of renowned artists and items donated by such celebrities as fashion designers Marc Jacobs and Jimmy Choo, pro skateboarder Tony Hawk, and rock band Pearl Jam.
Proceeds from the event will go towards the construction of a new facility for Silverlake as well as to boost its scholarship program. The non-profit music school is going on its 13th year, now serving the needs of 700 students from within the community.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation