Fiona Apple Struggles to End Show After Being Heckled
Grammy Award-winning singer Fiona Apple kicked off her month-long joint tour with her previous "The Idler Wheel..." opening act and guitarist Blake Mills on Thursday, October 3 at Portland's Newmark Theatre, but the "Anything We Want: An Evening with Fiona Apple and Blake Mills" first tour stop ended on a bitter note. It would have ended smoothly if not for a heckler who waited until Apple's last song for the night to express concern over the singer's health and appearance.
"Fiona! Get healthy! We want to see you in 10 years!" a female audience member yelled out to the 36-year-old artist as her 90-minute set with Mills was about to draw to a close. Apple then furiously yelled back, "I am healthy! Who the f**k do you think you are? I want to get the f**k out of here. I want the house lights on so I watch you leave!"
The lights did go back on to usher the heckler out of the concert venue, but she went out not without putting in the final word in her short exchange with the concert performer. "I saw you 20 years ago and you were beautiful!" said the fan.
Apple proceeded to sing "Waltz (Better Than Fine)" after the commotion, but was sobbing throughout the rendition. She apologized to the crowd and walked off the stage ending the show right there.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered