Fiona Apple Struggles to End Show After Being Heckled
Grammy Award-winning singer Fiona Apple kicked off her month-long joint tour with her previous "The Idler Wheel..." opening act and guitarist Blake Mills on Thursday, October 3 at Portland's Newmark Theatre, but the "Anything We Want: An Evening with Fiona Apple and Blake Mills" first tour stop ended on a bitter note. It would have ended smoothly if not for a heckler who waited until Apple's last song for the night to express concern over the singer's health and appearance.
"Fiona! Get healthy! We want to see you in 10 years!" a female audience member yelled out to the 36-year-old artist as her 90-minute set with Mills was about to draw to a close. Apple then furiously yelled back, "I am healthy! Who the f**k do you think you are? I want to get the f**k out of here. I want the house lights on so I watch you leave!"
The lights did go back on to usher the heckler out of the concert venue, but she went out not without putting in the final word in her short exchange with the concert performer. "I saw you 20 years ago and you were beautiful!" said the fan.
Apple proceeded to sing "Waltz (Better Than Fine)" after the commotion, but was sobbing throughout the rendition. She apologized to the crowd and walked off the stage ending the show right there.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers