Fiona Apple Struggles to End Show After Being Heckled
Grammy Award-winning singer Fiona Apple kicked off her month-long joint tour with her previous "The Idler Wheel..." opening act and guitarist Blake Mills on Thursday, October 3 at Portland's Newmark Theatre, but the "Anything We Want: An Evening with Fiona Apple and Blake Mills" first tour stop ended on a bitter note. It would have ended smoothly if not for a heckler who waited until Apple's last song for the night to express concern over the singer's health and appearance.
"Fiona! Get healthy! We want to see you in 10 years!" a female audience member yelled out to the 36-year-old artist as her 90-minute set with Mills was about to draw to a close. Apple then furiously yelled back, "I am healthy! Who the f**k do you think you are? I want to get the f**k out of here. I want the house lights on so I watch you leave!"
The lights did go back on to usher the heckler out of the concert venue, but she went out not without putting in the final word in her short exchange with the concert performer. "I saw you 20 years ago and you were beautiful!" said the fan.
Apple proceeded to sing "Waltz (Better Than Fine)" after the commotion, but was sobbing throughout the rendition. She apologized to the crowd and walked off the stage ending the show right there.
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner