'I, Frankenstein' First Trailer: Aaron Eckhart Takes on Immortal Foes
Aaron Eckhart channels his inner beast in the first trailer for "I, Frankenstein". He brings back the scarred monster to the modern day where a war between two immortal clans is brewing. The video gives a peek at the explosive scenes where he fends off vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons in epic hand-to-hand battles.
The story will take place 200 years after his creation by Dr. Frankenstein. Most people would have been dead, but not him. "I am like none other," he says. As battle for ultimate power between the two races escalates, it's up to him to save the mankind. "You're only a monster if you behave like one," one beautiful woman tells him so.
"The story revolves around a man who is trying to find his purpose in life," Eckhart dished on the approach the filmmakers were taking for this adaptation. "In cinema, and television Frankenstein has become a clunky, inarticulate, sort of catatonic figure. And we don't do that at all. He's a very active, smart and sexy."
The movie is directed by Stuart Beattie, the screenwriter of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", "Collateral" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl". Yvonne Strahovski will play the leading lady. Bill Nighy and Miranda Otto are on the supporting roles. It is due January 24, 2014.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support