'I, Frankenstein' First Trailer: Aaron Eckhart Takes on Immortal Foes
Aaron Eckhart channels his inner beast in the first trailer for "I, Frankenstein". He brings back the scarred monster to the modern day where a war between two immortal clans is brewing. The video gives a peek at the explosive scenes where he fends off vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons in epic hand-to-hand battles.
The story will take place 200 years after his creation by Dr. Frankenstein. Most people would have been dead, but not him. "I am like none other," he says. As battle for ultimate power between the two races escalates, it's up to him to save the mankind. "You're only a monster if you behave like one," one beautiful woman tells him so.
"The story revolves around a man who is trying to find his purpose in life," Eckhart dished on the approach the filmmakers were taking for this adaptation. "In cinema, and television Frankenstein has become a clunky, inarticulate, sort of catatonic figure. And we don't do that at all. He's a very active, smart and sexy."
The movie is directed by Stuart Beattie, the screenwriter of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", "Collateral" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl". Yvonne Strahovski will play the leading lady. Bill Nighy and Miranda Otto are on the supporting roles. It is due January 24, 2014.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie