'I, Frankenstein' First Trailer: Aaron Eckhart Takes on Immortal Foes
Aaron Eckhart channels his inner beast in the first trailer for "I, Frankenstein". He brings back the scarred monster to the modern day where a war between two immortal clans is brewing. The video gives a peek at the explosive scenes where he fends off vigilant gargoyles and ferocious demons in epic hand-to-hand battles.
The story will take place 200 years after his creation by Dr. Frankenstein. Most people would have been dead, but not him. "I am like none other," he says. As battle for ultimate power between the two races escalates, it's up to him to save the mankind. "You're only a monster if you behave like one," one beautiful woman tells him so.
"The story revolves around a man who is trying to find his purpose in life," Eckhart dished on the approach the filmmakers were taking for this adaptation. "In cinema, and television Frankenstein has become a clunky, inarticulate, sort of catatonic figure. And we don't do that at all. He's a very active, smart and sexy."
The movie is directed by Stuart Beattie, the screenwriter of "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra", "Collateral" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl". Yvonne Strahovski will play the leading lady. Bill Nighy and Miranda Otto are on the supporting roles. It is due January 24, 2014.
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande