Aaron Johnson Seals Deal to Play Quicksilver in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Aaron Johnson is added to "Avengers: Age of Ultron". The "Kick-Ass" actor has long been rumored being in talks for "The Avengers" sequel, and now Latino-Review says he has closed the deal to officially join the cast ensemble.
Johnson is attached to play Quicksilver, the son of Magneto, in the upcoming movie. This will reunite him with his "Godzilla" co-star, Elizabeth Olsen, who is expected to take on the role of the Scarlet Witch, the twin sister of Quicksilver.
While the deal was just recently closed, Johnson had been doing his research beforehand. Earlier this year when he confirmed auditioning for the role, he told Total Film, "There's years - over 50 years - of backstory on him all there to use, and I like doing that."
"Him and his sister have been abandoned by their parents and their father, and they grew up in Eastern Europe defending and looking out for themselves and each other. His sister really is his guidance - emotionally she's the one who looks after him, and vice versa. He's very overprotective physically - he doesn't want anyone touching her."
Of what drew him to play the character, the actor said, "He has real anger frustration - I like that. I always thought it'd be quite funny if you saw him eating loads and people asked him why and he'd explain it's because he's burning so much energy all the time."
"Or ideas that you'd see him come back round - but he's already nipped out and got his lunch somewhere else. He just got bored - his attention span is so fucking quick," he added.
When asked how he's going to approach the role, Johnson replied, "That's what we're in talks about really, right now - how I could become that character and not feel forced. I might not look right with white hair, and the accent may be wrong... it just doesn't work like that."
The second installment of "The Avengers" series is due May 1, 2015 in the U.S. Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner are all back to reprise their respective roles. James Spader is tapped to play the villain.
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'
- Anna Kendrick: 'I'd Be Terrible at Being Like Taylor Swift'
- This Is Your First Look at Gillian Anderson on 'American Gods'
- Tyga Caught With Mystery Blonde Following Kylie Jenner Reunion
- Demi Lovato Flaunts Her Naked Butt in Promotional Images for 'Body Say'
- Jonah Hill and Miles Teller Are Pro Money in New 'War Dogs' Trailer