'The Big Bang Theory' to Pit Bob Newhart Against Bill Nye
Fresh off his Emmy win for his guest-starring role on "The Big Bang Theory", Bob Newhart is billed to return to the hit comedy series. The veteran actor will be joined by Bill Nye the Science Guy, who will play his rival scientist on an upcoming episode set to air November 7.
On the said outing, Newhart will reprise his role as Professor Proton, Sheldon's childhood hero. This time, he contacts Leonard to ask for help with an experiment. A scorned Sheldon seeks revenge by befriending a rival TV science host, Nye.
After 51 years and seven nominations, Newhart finally won his first Emmy this year through his role on "Big Bang Theory". He revealed after the win that he was "already in talks" to make another apperance on the show, with him scheduled to film his part in October. "We were already talking about two more appearances," he spilled.
Nye, meanwhile, participated on "Dancing with the Stars" this season, but got eliminated earlier this week. The "Bill Nye the Science Guy" host injured his leg while performing in the second week and was advised by a doctor to get surgery for his torn tendon.
"Big Bang Theory" season 7 airs Thursdays at 8 P.M. on CBS. Other guest stars tapped for the ongoing season include Kate Micucci, Christine Baranski, Regina King, Stan Lee, Buzz Aldrin and George Takei.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March