Dominic Cooper in Talks to Play Freddie Mercury in Biopic
Dominic Cooper could play Freddie Mercury in upcoming movie. According to Latino Review, the actor who plays young Howard Stark in "Captain America" movies is circling the lead role left vacant by Sacha Baron Cohen in the untitled Freddie Mercury biopic.
"Borat" star Cohen left the film about Queen's late frontman due to creative differences. He was said developing the movie as a gritty R-rated look at the life of the iconic rocker, but the band's remaining members allegedly wanted it to be a PG one.
Daniel Radcliffe was previously linked to the role, but he quickly shut down the casting rumor. "There is no truth to it at all," he said. "Everyone on the internet who I presume is saying I'm totally wrong for that part is correct. I AM completely wrong for that part!"
Cooper plays Iron Man/Tony Stark's father in both "Captain America: The First Avenger" and its upcoming sequel "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". He also reprises his role in Marvel's one-shot focusing on Agent Carter. His other new films include "Need for Speed" and "Dracula Untold".
Peter Morgan, Oscar-nominated writer of "Frost/Nixon" and "Rush" who was most recently tapped to write Ang Lee's 3D boxing film, was brought in by Cohen to pen the screenplay. David Fincher and Tom Hooper were allegedly wanted to helm the project, but the Queen members reportedly turned them down.
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans
- Christoph Waltz in Talks to Join James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Kim Kardashian Flaunts Entire Breasts in Racy See-Through Top for a Photoshoot in Mexico
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star