Dominic Cooper in Talks to Play Freddie Mercury in Biopic
Dominic Cooper could play Freddie Mercury in upcoming movie. According to Latino Review, the actor who plays young Howard Stark in "Captain America" movies is circling the lead role left vacant by Sacha Baron Cohen in the untitled Freddie Mercury biopic.
"Borat" star Cohen left the film about Queen's late frontman due to creative differences. He was said developing the movie as a gritty R-rated look at the life of the iconic rocker, but the band's remaining members allegedly wanted it to be a PG one.
Daniel Radcliffe was previously linked to the role, but he quickly shut down the casting rumor. "There is no truth to it at all," he said. "Everyone on the internet who I presume is saying I'm totally wrong for that part is correct. I AM completely wrong for that part!"
Cooper plays Iron Man/Tony Stark's father in both "Captain America: The First Avenger" and its upcoming sequel "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". He also reprises his role in Marvel's one-shot focusing on Agent Carter. His other new films include "Need for Speed" and "Dracula Untold".
Peter Morgan, Oscar-nominated writer of "Frost/Nixon" and "Rush" who was most recently tapped to write Ang Lee's 3D boxing film, was brought in by Cohen to pen the screenplay. David Fincher and Tom Hooper were allegedly wanted to helm the project, but the Queen members reportedly turned them down.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked