Drake Scores Third Consecutive No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Nothing Was the Same'
Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" has made its way out to No. 1 on Billboard 200. The Toronto rapper's third studio album opens at the chart's No. 1 after selling 658,000 copies in its first week, Nielsen SoundScan reports.
"Nothing Was the Same" gives Drake his best sales week. His two No. 1 full-length sets, 2011's "Take Care" and 2010's "Thank Me Later", debuted with 631,000 and 447,000, respectively. Back in 2009, Drake entered the chart at No. 6 with his debut EP, "So Far Gone".
With his newest studio effort, Drake also has the second biggest first week sales of 2013. The highest first week sales still belongs to Justin Timberlake's "The 20/20 Experience", which debuted at No. 1 earlier this year with nearly a million copies sold.
Drake's "Nothing Was the Same" is miles ahead of this week's runner-up. At No. 2, Kings of Leon's "Mechanical Bull" opened with 110,000 copies, marking the band's third album to enter the top 10.
Cher's "Closer to the Truth" arrives at No. 3 with 63,000. The follow-up to 2002's "Living Proof" gives the veteran diva her highest debut ever. Behind the "Woman's World" singer's newest album is Elton John's "The Diving Board", which sold 47,000 in its first week.
Last week's first placer, Jack Johnson's "From Here to Now to You", rounds out the top 5 with 37,000 copies. Luke Bryan keeps the party going as his "Crash My Party" remains unmoved from No. 6 with 36,000.
Entering the chart at No. 7 is Dream Theater's self-titled album, "Dream Theater". The rock band's follow-up to 2011's "A Dramatic Turn of Events" opened with 34,000. Krewella's "Get Wet" has its debut week at the chart's No. 8 with 27,000.
The soundtrack to Metallica's movie called "Metallica: Through the Never" lands at No. 9 with 26,000. The set gives the Los Angeles heavy metal band their ninth top 10 album. At the last spot in Top 10, Justin Moore's "Off the Beaten Path" plunges from last week's No. 2 with 25,000.
- "Nothing Was the Same" - Drake (658,000)
- "Mechanical Bull" - Kings of Leon (110,000)
- "Closer to the Truth" - Cher (63,000)
- "The Diving Board" - Elton John (47,000)
- "From Here to Now to You" - Jack Johnson (37,000)
- "Crash My Party" - Luke Bryan (36,000)
- "Dream Theater" - Dream Theater (34,000)
- "Get Wet" - Krewella (27,000)
- Soundtrack of "Metallica: Through the Never" - Metallica (26,000)
- "Off the Beaten Path" - Justin Moore (25,000)
More Drake News
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her