'Ted 2' Coming to Theaters in June 2015
"Ted 2" has locked a new release date. Initially aiming for an April 2015 release, the sequel to the 2012 R-rated comedy about the titular foul-mouthed yet lovable teddy bear is now slated to arrive in theaters across North America on June 26.
Seth MacFarlane is set to return to co-write and direct the upcoming movie. He will also lend his voice once again to the talking stuffed animal. Mark Wahlberg is confirmed to reprise his role as the titular teddy bear's human buddy as well.
Summer 2015 is already crowded with blockbusters. There will be "Avengers: Age of Ultron" (May 1), "Man of Steel 2" (July 17), "Ant-Man" (July 31) and more. J.J. Abrams' "Star Wars Episode 7" is due in the jam-packed season as well. Despite the many high-profile movies set for the summer, "Ted 2" so far has the Friday, June 26 release date to itself.
With Mila Kunis as the female lead, the previous movie opened in theaters on June 29 a year ago to a critical and commercial success. It debuted with $54.4 million, becoming the 12th highest-grossing film of the year and the highest-grossing original R-rated comedy of all time. On top of that, it earned an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Song.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'