George R.R. Martin Dishes on 'Game of Thrones' Purple Wedding
Another big wedding is coming in season 4 of "Game of Thrones". Following the tragic Red Wedding in season 3, the show will next hold a Purple Wedding for King Joffrey Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell.
Speaking to TV Guide, executive producer and books author George R.R. Martin promises that it will be "as memorable in its own way as our wedding last season." He gushes, "It's going to be the wedding of the year."
Claiming that the wedding scenes "look spectacular," he goes on sharing the details, "The bride's dress incorporates roses, there are 77 courses at the dinner feast, and there's some wonderful halftime entertainment."
Of the moniker for the nuptials, Martin explains, "It's what the fans call the Purple Wedding, based on the color of the wine, which plays a big part."
"Game of Thrones" season 4 is currently in production in several filming locations, including Belfast, Croatia and Iceland. Pedro Pascal joins the cast as Prince Oberyn Martell a.k.a. Red Viper, Indira Varma stars as Red Viper's love interest, Mark Gatiss is Tycho Nestoris, and Joel Fry plays Hizdahr zo Loraq who crosses paths with Daenerys Targaryen.
More Game of Thrones News
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development