George R.R. Martin Dishes on 'Game of Thrones' Purple Wedding
Another big wedding is coming in season 4 of "Game of Thrones". Following the tragic Red Wedding in season 3, the show will next hold a Purple Wedding for King Joffrey Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell.
Speaking to TV Guide, executive producer and books author George R.R. Martin promises that it will be "as memorable in its own way as our wedding last season." He gushes, "It's going to be the wedding of the year."
Claiming that the wedding scenes "look spectacular," he goes on sharing the details, "The bride's dress incorporates roses, there are 77 courses at the dinner feast, and there's some wonderful halftime entertainment."
Of the moniker for the nuptials, Martin explains, "It's what the fans call the Purple Wedding, based on the color of the wine, which plays a big part."
"Game of Thrones" season 4 is currently in production in several filming locations, including Belfast, Croatia and Iceland. Pedro Pascal joins the cast as Prince Oberyn Martell a.k.a. Red Viper, Indira Varma stars as Red Viper's love interest, Mark Gatiss is Tycho Nestoris, and Joel Fry plays Hizdahr zo Loraq who crosses paths with Daenerys Targaryen.
More Game of Thrones News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'