Confirmed: Saoirse Ronan Has Read for 'Star Wars Episode 7'
Saoirse Ronan is up for "Star Wars Episode 7". The Academy Award-nominated actress herself confirms to Sky News that she has auditioned for a role in the upcoming sci-fi movie, but quickly adds, "So has everyone."
Asked which part she's auditioned for, the "Atonement" star says the movie bosses would "chop off her head with a light-sabre" if she said more of the film. While plot details are not available yet, she might have read for the role of Han Solo and Princess Leia's daughter.
Another actor circling the highly-anticipated movie is Sullivan Stapleton, who will play the Greek leader Themistocles in "300: Rise of an Empire". According to Latino Review, the Australian hunk has got into trouble for talking about how he went in to read for the part.
"Episode 7" will be helmed by "Star Trek" director J.J. Abrams. Michael Arndt, who wrote "Toy Story 3" and "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" among others, is hired to pen the new installment in "Star Wars" film series, which is aimed for a summer 2015 release.
Original stars Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have been rumored returning to the movie, with Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael B. Jordan and David Oyelowo reportedly eying roles in the potential blockbuster movie. None of them has been confirmed so far.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'