Confirmed: Saoirse Ronan Has Read for 'Star Wars Episode 7'
Saoirse Ronan is up for "Star Wars Episode 7". The Academy Award-nominated actress herself confirms to Sky News that she has auditioned for a role in the upcoming sci-fi movie, but quickly adds, "So has everyone."
Asked which part she's auditioned for, the "Atonement" star says the movie bosses would "chop off her head with a light-sabre" if she said more of the film. While plot details are not available yet, she might have read for the role of Han Solo and Princess Leia's daughter.
Another actor circling the highly-anticipated movie is Sullivan Stapleton, who will play the Greek leader Themistocles in "300: Rise of an Empire". According to Latino Review, the Australian hunk has got into trouble for talking about how he went in to read for the part.
"Episode 7" will be helmed by "Star Trek" director J.J. Abrams. Michael Arndt, who wrote "Toy Story 3" and "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" among others, is hired to pen the new installment in "Star Wars" film series, which is aimed for a summer 2015 release.
Original stars Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have been rumored returning to the movie, with Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael B. Jordan and David Oyelowo reportedly eying roles in the potential blockbuster movie. None of them has been confirmed so far.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI