Zac Efron Breaks Silence After Rehab Stint, Posts Happy Picture From Peru
Zac Efron finally broke his silence after being reported checking into rehab earlier this year. The former "High School Musical" star takes to his social networks to thank fans for their support and posts a picture from his Machu Picchu visit during his backpacking trip to Peru.
"Hey guys! Just returned from an incredible trip to Peru with my dad and wanted to thank you all for your support these past few weeks...means the world to me," Efron wrote. "Love you guys!" He's all smiles as he poses against the backdrop of the country's famous ancient ruins.
Efron, 25, remained silent about his rehab stint though. He quietly sought help because his partying lifestyle and his drug issues reportedly had got out of control. Support for the ex-Disney star has since come pouring in, not just from his loyal devotees but also from his fellow celebrities.
"The fact that he's seeking help," said his "Parkland" co-star Marcia Gay Harden, "only says great things about him." Pal Rob Lowe tweeted, "A thought: if you only find out a person has been to rehab weeks or months after they got out, they're probably serious about recovery."
Efron was first spotted in Peru little over a week ago when a picture of him posing with a female fan landed online. Before the retreat, he attended the red-carpet premiere of "Parkland" at the Toronto International Film Festival. "I'm good, real good," he said back then.
His other new movies include romantic comedy "That Awkward Moment" supported by Jessica Lucas, Imogen Poots, Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan. He will also next be seen starring opposite Rose Byrne and Seth Rogen in another comedy "Neighbors".
More Zac Efron News
- Iron Man Slips Into His Upgraded Armor in New 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos
- Rita Ora Flashes Thong in Sheer Red Dress
- Iggy Azalea Claps Back After Halsey Called Her 'Moron': 'I Don't Know Her'
- James Harden Realizes His Big Crush on Nicki Minaj After Giving Her Thirsty Stare at NBA Awards
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner